Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Should've played today man, we bought him as a first team player.

Showed his quality almost instantly driving us forwards & then gets an assist.

Bit of stretch to call that as assist :lol:

Well nah, those are given as assists.

Either way he got into a position to come a crossbar away from scoring, as he did when he airshot against Bruge. You have to get into the right spaces & his positioning is solid.

Marveaux has always been a good technical player and if he hadn't had so many injuries throughout his career I'm sure he would have been able to show just how good he could be. Let's be honest we bought him because he was on a free and a bargain despite the fact that his style of play makes it very difficult for him to survive in the premier league. Add in out style of play and idiot manager and he's being wasted. He'd do well at a team like Swansea or Liverpool, a team that actually value keeping the ball.

Despite him doing well today, he's hardly done anything to deserve a start and I like him as a player. Playing both Ferguson and Sammy was a big mistake, Sammy is a raw young threat, but his decisiveness on the ball is terrible. He also doesn't really know when and where to make runs and his shooting is woeful. Marveaux is a better footballer than both, but every time he's started he has been laboured and wasteful.

Bit of stretch to call that as assist :lol:

I thought Marveuax shot was in to be honest.

He played a lot better today in his short cameo, but it wasn't hard to better than some of the others today mind.

He should have started in a midfield 3 along with Tiote and Anita, if Ferguson had to come off at half time it should have been for Marveaux.

I does get depressing when you KNOW you can pick better side that the Manager.

Just the other week he was saying we need Marveaux's 'clever pass' when Cabaye is out.

Outside of Cabaye and Hatem, not one of our first front 6 have a brain cell.

Need to get hold of midfield more, with everbody fit i'd go with.

Krul

Anita    Taylor  Colo    Santon

Tiote

Jonas    Cabaye      Marveux

Ben Arfa

Ba/Cisse

Guest bimpy474

He should have started in a midfield 3 along with Tiote and Anita, if Ferguson had to come off at half time it should have been for Marveaux.

Yep, i was baffled by the sub at half time, especially as we changed shape in no way whatsoever.

Yep, i was baffled by the sub at half time, especially as we changed shape in no way whatsoever.

I was baffled by our first two changes for different reasons.

No need for Shola to come on and certainly not for Ferguson who'd done okay (certainly better than Sammy).

I was equally as baffled by the withdrawal of Simpson for Bigirimana especially as Anita went to left back and Santon (our best player) moved from left back to right back where his threat was subsequently nullified.

I was baffled by our first two changes for different reasons.

No need for Shola to come on and certainly not for Ferguson who'd done okay (certainly better than Sammy).

I was equally as baffled by the withdrawal of Simpson for Bigirimana especially as Anita went to left back and Santon (our best player) moved from left back to right back where his threat was subsequently nullified.

I was baffled by that decision also, why Santon went to the right and Anita on the left.

If anyone can explain the thought process of the 2nd sub, I'd like it explained to me.

We are 1-0 down.

We take off the right back.

We bring on a defensive midfield player.

The current centre midfielder, who has been known to play right back, goes to left back.

The current left back, who's had a decent game, goes to right back.

I mean really, what the fuck was that all about?

If anyone can explain the thought process of the 2nd sub, I'd like it explained to me.

We are 1-0 down.

We take off the right back.

We bring on a defensive midfield player.

The current centre midfielder, who has been known to play right back, goes to left back.

The current left back, who's had a decent game, goes to right back.

I mean really, what the f*** was that all about?

the only solution i could think of was "i haven't got a clue what to do so at least this'll put the santon on the right idea to bed once and for all"