Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Despite not being impressed with him so far this season i did think he showed some glimpses yesterday of what he's about. Controls the ball very quickly which allows him to get his head up and look to see what's on. Wanted Pardew to put Cisse on for Ameobi so we could see what Marveaux would have done with a proper forward in front of him.

Guest reefatoon

I thought for the little amount of football he has played over the last 18 months, he didn't do too badly at all. His touch is fantastic and he created some good opportunities with some excellent passing, I think we'll see him on Sunday.

I must be watching a different player as he has looked god awful whenever he has played  Very slow, wants far to many touches. never wants to move with the ball and seems to hide. Just not seeing a player there that can offer us anything.

I actually liked the look of him.  Mixed bag from those in the crowd, some said he was shite, some were impressed.

Can cross a ball, set pieces were half decent, tidy in possession and when we weren't using the Taylor/Williamson diagonal hoof, he linked play well.

Would like to see him be a bit more direct at times, as he doesn't look slow and has great ability on the ball.  Could have had a pop a few times in the first half and refused the chance, should have scored a sitter as well.

All in all though, I thought he was decent all things considered.  If we played the 4-2-3-1 in the league, he'd have more of a chance of getting a game.

Was originally reported on le11giggs.com

:lol:

Remy hasn't been regular this season, struggled to find form and fitness. Hopefully we're after him. Not a 4-4-2 player though (not that many of our current are either)

Think Sammy is injured as well?  Ferguson has just played two full games in four days and has always seemed the fragile type.  Not done a great deal in the league for us when he's had the chance either, still looks a bit out of his depth IMO.

I wouldn't mind seeing Marveaux in the position he played against Brugge.  But we all know it's going to be 4-4-2, with Obertan replacing Jonas.

It'd be a shame to see him on his his way so soon, imo. Think he looks excellent technically and would probably slot in well to the team if we played him in his correct position and just gave him a run of games. He just hasn't got a proper chance.

I'd like to see him on the left against Swansea (assuming we go 4-4-2...).

when he played in the reserves a couple of weeks ago,  Carver and Stone were doing there nut with him for constantly slowing down the game and not working hard enough.  The reserves when they get going and are on song, ping the ball around quick and play one two touch with good movement and were having great success getting Campbell in down the channels but when Marveaux got the ball he was holding onto the ball and slowing down the passing. 

It's the same when he plays in the first team. Not that the first XI plays fast football but when he's on the ball he just seems to want ages to decide what to do. He looks reasonably technical on the ball but hopelessly alien to the fast PL pace.

I just don't think he's suited at all to the domestic game.

It's the same when he plays in the first team. Not that the first XI plays fast football but when he's on the ball he just seems to want ages to decide what to do. He looks reasonably technical on the ball but hopelessly alien to the fast PL pace.

I just don't think he's suited at all to the domestic game.

He's not exactly had many games to get used to the pace.