Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

he's not ready for the prem yet,  he needs time and space on the ball,  wigan gave him that as they went down to 10 men.

he needs to two defensive midfielders behind him to do the donkey work so he can express himself like vs Wigan,  he is certainly not ready to play on the wings.

I do have hopes for him though.

I might be off the map here, but i thought before, and now after the game tonight that Pardew's man management of Marveaux has been poor. Shouldn't have played in this game at all imo. Yes you could say that Marveaux should get on with it and still make the best of it. But i honestly think that Marveaux is the type of player that Ben Arfa was before, mentally that is, but not in the same bad way, more in a way that he needs to be trusted in and feel that he's an important part of the team. Not playing him in a meaningless game with kids/reserves directly after his best game for us when he's on a high probably.

Personally i would have saved him for Fulham and make him feel important and wanted as a first team player, then i would have been quite confident he'd be up for it on monday knowing that he'll start. Not surprised at all that he didn't look up for it in this game, despite the game passing him by a bit (my understanding of your post's) Some player just needs to be treated differently to start performing well on a more consistent basis i think, not having the carpet beneath his feet pulled away just shortly after his best performance.

And no, i didn't see the game, im just basing this on comments in the match thread.

I'll post my shit post here as well.

I might be off the map here, but i thought before, and now after the game tonight that Pardew's man management of Marveaux has been poor. Shouldn't have played in this game at all imo. Yes you could say that Marveaux should get on with it and still make the best of it. But i honestly think that Marveaux is the type of player that Ben Arfa was before, mentally that is, but not in the same bad way, more in a way that he needs to be trusted in and feel that he's an important part of the team. Not playing him in a meaningless game with kids/reserves directly after his best game for us when he's on a high probably.

Personally i would have saved him for Fulham and make him feel important and wanted as a first team player, then i would have been quite confident he'd be up for it on monday knowing that he'll start. Not surprised at all that he didn't look up for it in this game, despite the game passing him by a bit (my understanding of your post's) Some player just needs to be treated differently to start performing well on a more consistent basis i think, not having the carpet beneath his feet pulled away just shortly after his best performance.

And no, i didn't see the game, im just basing this on comments in the match thread.

I'll post my shit post here as well.

Agree. He's hardly going to have been motivated for this game. Also, it's one thing looking good in the first team, it's a completely different thing to look good in a mainly reserve team in a largely meaningless game. His performance on Monday SHOULD have guaranteed him a start against Fulham, if he doesn't start then it sends out all the wrong signals imo.

he's not ready for the prem yet, he needs time and space on the ball,  wigan gave him that as they went down to 10 men.

he needs to two defensive midfielders behind him to do the donkey work so he can express himself like vs Wigan,  he is certainly not ready to play on the wings.

Rubbish. The most impressive part of his game on Monday was getting through tight gaps/situations and being able to keep the ball/create something.

he's not ready for the prem yet, he needs time and space on the ball,  wigan gave him that as they went down to 10 men.

Rubbish. The most impressive part of his game on Monday was getting through tight gaps/situations and being able to keep the ball/create something.

yeh against 10 men Wigan. Not exactly known for their tough tackling and tanacity.

Never mind Monday, he won't play many more games if he performs like he did tonight.

Are we still criticising individuals then?

Let's be fair, there's something deep-rooted and intrisically wrong with our preparation, tactics and general attitude to matches that has left even our best players looking poor this season. I don't even feel like picking on players when collectively there is so much wrong with the team. Look how much better people like Marveaux and Anita were on Monday when we played even marginally more like a football team.

I'll post my s*** post here as well.

Agree. He's hardly going to have been motivated for this game. Also, it's one thing looking good in the first team, it's a completely different thing to look good in a mainly reserve team in a largely meaningless game. His performance on Monday SHOULD have guaranteed him a start against Fulham, if he doesn't start then it sends out all the wrong signals imo.

totally disagree i'd have thought him going back to his own country and with him missing so much football recently that in a way he has probably become a bit of a forgotten man this was a great opportunity to go out and show people back home that he is still a top player Surely that should have got him motivated.

Never mind Monday, he won't play many more games if he performs like he did tonight.

Are we still criticising individuals then?

Let's be fair, there's something deep-rooted and intrisically wrong with our preparation, tactics and general attitude to matches that has left even our best players looking poor this season. I don't even feel like picking on players when collectively there is so much wrong with the team. Look how much better people like Marveaux and Anita were on Monday when we played even marginally more like a football team.

:thup:

i dont think we can have ago at the players too much versus Bordeaux,  they didn't have a set mentality going in this unimportant game from the manager.

Was going to come on here after the Wigan game to say people needed to calm down about Marveaux but didn't want to tempt fate.

He's still got a long way to go before he can be trusted out on the wings.  In middle he can get away with it with some games.  He didnt look too clever in the middle tonight, but neither did anyone in the team.

yeh against 10 men Wigan. Not exactly known for their tough tackling and tanacity.

Dunno like, soon as Tiote got the ball in the centre circle he got closed down and clattered early doors. Looked like he'd been targeted to be wound up as it happened a couple of times.

I think Marveaux need players about who he can pass the ball to for him to lool effective. Given he had Shola as a point of attack, Sammy and Ranger, none of them making clever runs i wasn't surprised he looked somewhat bereft.

Done enough to warrant a start in the team but will not get it because of Jonas. I love the guy but he's useless in the team now, no legs and no confidence whereas Marv looks fit and sharp. Shocking how late he was put on today.

Have to start this guy, hes one of few who offers an actual attacking threat for us from midfield. He was one of our standout players in our last win, shouldnt be near the bench.

Agree, but he is on the bench because he is a pedestrian at the best of times. Was the same at points in the Bordeaux game we were attacking down the left wing, approaching the box and he was walking from the halfway line when he should have been busting a gut to get into the box. He was even worse today, not tracking back and watching the Man City players run past him to out number our defenders.

Granted he looks like a deeper set playmaker when playing in the middle but he has to work a lot harder for the team imo. If he did he would be as valuable as Ben Arfa. He clearly has the talent, calm on the ball and eye for a killer pass.

Guest bimpy474

Did well but i didn't like his non effort at getting back when he lost the ball right near the end. Simpson gets stick for it and so should Marv.

I like Marv a lot by the way and think he should play.

Have to start this guy, hes one of few who offers an actual attacking threat for us from midfield. He was one of our standout players in our last win, shouldnt be near the bench.

Agree, but he is on the bench because he is a pedestrian at the best of times. Was the same at points in the Bordeaux game we were attacking down the left wing, approaching the box and he was walking from the halfway line when he should have been busting a gut to get into the box. He was even worse today, not tracking back and watching the Man City players run past him to out number our defenders.

Granted he looks like a deeper set playmaker when playing in the middle but he has to work a lot harder for the team imo. If he did he would be as valuable as Ben Arfa. He clearly has the talent, calm on the ball and eye for a killer pass.

We need players who are capable up front and Marveaux is more than capable.  We started with 4 defensive midfielders at home today and that is a disgrace.