Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

He had a rest, and came back worse. Far too many people incapable of admitting that he's never consistently delivered for us and has been in steady decline since 2008.

I agree with this. He was on fire at the start of the relegation season, by the end of it he was useless. He performed "ok" in the championship. First season up he really struggled at the start of the season, he was made to look better by his partnership with Enrique. The past two seasons hes really struggled. The only time his performances have been worthy of a club of our stature were when he played as a deep midfielder on our unbeaten run.

Guest reefatoon

I dunno if i've missed something, but what makes people believe that Jonas wouldn't have started if Marv was fit to play against Villa?

Because Pardew said

I dunno if i've missed something, but what makes people believe that Jonas wouldn't have started if Marv was fit to play against Villa?

Assumptions, we all know Marveaux was going to start but we don't know who for tbh.

Could have easily been instead of Perch or Gouffran.

Guest neesy111

Because Pardew said

Didn't he say Marveaux would had started, nothing about who replaced him though.

Because Pardew said

Did he? (what i've read is that Marv would have started, that's all)

It was for Jonas, there was a fair bit pointing towards such (training pictures from earlier in the week where Jonas was on the "B" team, ujpest's original ITK lineup, stuff said on BBC Newcastle's radio coverage, Pardew specifically singling out Jonas post-whistle and then Pardew's later comments).

People haven't just plucked it from thin air.

Ok, well im glad to hear :) Hopefully he wont start Against Chelsea then. Personally i would have played Anita ahead of him against Villa.

Moi aussi. But I guess he did alright in the first half, him and Perch provided the platform for the others to go and play. Maybe.

Ok, well im glad to hear :) Hopefully he wont start Against Chelsea then. Personally i would have played Anita ahead of him against Villa.

Moi aussi. But I guess he did alright in the first half, him and Perch provided the platform for the others to go and play. Maybe.

I would start Marv every game .. hes a matchwinner, capable of creating that special moment, hes also fantastic at keeping possession and keeping the tempo. So what if he cant tackle. Sissoko and Cabaye can.

I would start Marv every game .. hes a matchwinner, capable of creating that special moment, hes also fantastic at keeping possession and keeping the tempo. So what if he cant tackle. Sissoko and Cabaye can.

I think he could be just as effective wide in Ben Arfa's role, as long as he was given the same license to go hunting for the ball. I know he doesn't share HBA's acceleration, but he's no slug and is quite capable of beating a man or two if necessary.

Think this is where we'll tend to see him from here on out too, provided the likes of Cabaye, Sissoko and Tiote stay fit of course.

I think he could be just as effective wide in Ben Arfa's role, as long as he was given the same license to go hunting for the ball. I know he doesn't share HBA's acceleration, but he's no slug and is quite capable of beating a man or two if necessary.

Think this is where we'll tend to see him from here on out too, provided the likes of Cabaye, Sissoko and Tiote stay fit of course.

was known as a wide player in france.

:lol:

Such a fucking troll.

:lol:

Such a f***ing troll.

just seems like there's many who think playing him wide would be playing him out of position, when the opposite is true, he's never really played in his most comfortable position since he came.

He's said himself that he considers the "number 10" position his favourite, but I agree that it's madness that some are claiming he "can't play wide" or "shouldn't be played wide" after he's spent a career there.

There was a time where I'm sure people were saying the same about Ben Arfa and the right-hand side.

I think Pardew see's Marveaux as an alternative to Cabaye and/or Ben Arfa and i think its highly unlikely you will see all 3 in the team at the same time consistently.

I do think its possible if he's fit he could play against Chelsea though, as mentioned Gouffran seems to have very high work rate so that could replace a bit with Pardew thinks what Jonas offers.

I think Pardew see's Marveaux as an alternative to Cabaye and/or Ben Arfa and i think its highly unlikely you will see all 3 in the team at the same time consistently.

I do think its possible if he's fit he could play against Chelsea though, as mentioned Gouffran seems to have very high work rate so that could replace a bit with Pardew thinks what Jonas offers.

I'd be delighted to see him and Gouffran either side of Cisse and with free-reign to swap sides like Gouffran and Jonas were doing on Tuesday. Gouffran was involved in the early build-up to both of our goals thanks to this approach - first from the right, then from the left.

I'd be surprised to see it, though.