Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

For me he's an alternative to Tiote in the games we should be looking to win at home. He should never play ahead of Gouffran and Hatem in the wide positions.

Why? Not quick enough?

He's just more effective throught the middle from what I've seen and likely to get isloated out there. Hatem and Gouffran are better bets for the wide positions for a number of reasons.

For me he's an alternative to Tiote in the games we should be looking to win at home. He should never play ahead of Gouffran and Hatem in the wide positions.

Why? Not quick enough?

He's just more effective throught the middle from what I've seen and likely to get isloated out there. Hatem and Gouffran are better bets for the wide positions for a number of reasons.

He's played centrally in every game I've watched, whether by instruction or he just ends up there. FWIW I think he could provide some great service from wide if he can actually play there. He's got a lovely left foot and one of the best football brains in our squad IMO.

Why? Not quick enough?

Agree but i don't think anyone expects to Marveaux to start out wide when everyone is fit rather an alternative if Hatem or Gouffran were injured.

Gouffran is actually very good in the air. I guess that is why he was pushed up in front of Cisse when we were launching it into the box early on against Villa. He can play on the wing but I would like to see him tried up top from time to time.

He's said himself that he considers the "number 10" position his favourite, but I agree that it's madness that some are claiming he "can't play wide" or "shouldn't be played wide" after he's spent a career there.

There was a time where I'm sure people were saying the same about Ben Arfa and the right-hand side.

Just Pardew.

Marveaux will be just fine out wide it shouldn't even be up for debate!

It should be if it means he's not in his best position. He won't get a look in up there anyway when Hatem comes back.

Granted it might not be his best position but I can still see him getting games out wide in certain games. I'm just saying its daft that people are righting him off as an option out wide especially when we have so few options out there.

Total sport saying he's back in the squad for the Chelsea match. He should play left of a front 3 instead of Jonas imo if he's fit again. Not as an out and out winger but his skills on the ball and passing ability offer much much more.

:thup: If we do see that i hope to see Gouffran and Marveaux swapping flanks like Gouffran and Jonas were against Villa.