Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Sissoko  Cabaye

Ben Arfa  Marveaux  Gouffran

Cisse

I think this works well *on paper*. There's a good balance to that team (offensively and defensively) and they all work hard, but in different ways. For example Marveaux presses high up the pitch very well but isn't good at the more physical aspects.

Sissoko's a raw player still, I sympathise with him a lot because he really does lack support but his decision-making can be sketchy. I think he's a pretty decent passer of the ball, he's shown some glimpses of it in open games but he lacks vision when there's less space. I think he'd benefit from having more options around him (ahead especially), he's good at passing and moving.

Need a big performance from this gentleman today. Hopefully we can get him on the ball in useful areas of the pitch too, which is my only real concern about whether he'll perform for us. If he's camped in our half for most of the match you know it's going to be ugly.

Guest bimpy474

Sissoko  Cabaye

Ben Arfa  Marveaux  Gouffran

Cisse

I think this works well *on paper*. There's a good balance to that team (offensively and defensively) and they all work hard, but in different ways. For example Marveaux presses high up the pitch very well but isn't good at the more physical aspects.

Sissoko's a raw player still, I sympathise with him a lot because he really does lack support but his decision-making can be sketchy. I think he's a pretty decent passer of the ball, he's shown some glimpses of it in open games but he lacks vision when there's less space. I think he'd benefit from having more options around him (ahead especially), he's good at passing and moving.

I'd love to see that but there's no way Pardew will do it, it's just too attacking for his liking, one or even two of Jonas, Tiote or Perch would have to play in his eyes.

I'd argue we need a big performance from everyone !  :laugh:

But i definitely agree, especially if we are to keep the ball a lot better he will be vital, i know what Pardew said about keeping the ball was utter bullshit but having said that it still will be important in key moments to keep possession and Marveaux is probably our best available player in that regard.

Guest bimpy474

I'd argue we need a big performance from everyone !  :laugh:

But i definitely agree, especially if we are to keep the ball a lot better he will be vital, i know what Pardew said about keeping the ball was utter bullshit but having said that it still will be important in key moments to keep possession and Marveaux is probably our best available player in that regard.

Those 6 players Gallowgate Toon has put up there are all about movement and keeping the ball surely. You would think that Pardew might have a inkling about it too.

Sadly i just don't think he has the foresight and courage to use them in that way. He just can't shake off his defensive mindset. :(

Tbf Gouffran and Ben Arfa are not available but in the main i agree, if we had an actual style of play that front 6 would be great but alas Pardew doesn't seem to be able to coach the team properly for it to work under him :(

Going back to the Dortmund discussion of last night, but if Pardew had similar ideals that front 6 could work very very easily.... so very frustrating :(

Guest bimpy474

Tbf Gouffran and Ben Arfa are not available but in the main i agree, if we had an actual style of play that front 6 would be great but alas Pardew doesn't seem to be able to coach the team properly for it to work under him :(

Going back to the Dortmund discussion of last night, but if Pardew had similar ideals that front 6 could work very very easily.... so very frustrating :(

I actually think it's in him, but it's taking the risks he just can't bring himself to do.

And that is why he's a limited, bang average manager and not a expansive good one.

When he gets the ball, he's really good but doesnt get it nearly enough in the game.

That's because most of our players are in our own half. I think he's the type of player who needs to be in the opposition half more.

If he creates around 3 great chances a game then I don't think it's easy to argue with his selection - no matter what he does with the rest of the time. Especially when we don't have HBA available.

He does drift out of the game but he also does things that no other player can do.

If he creates around 3 great chances a game then I don't think it's easy to argue with his selection - no matter what he does with the rest of the time. Especially when we don't have HBA available.

He does drift out of the game but he also does things that no other player can do.

Erm, this isn't the Lauren Robert thread Ian and it's not 2002....

:bluestar:

I don't really see why he was taken off, needs to start on Sunday. He's got so much in his locker but just does not use it enough, i.e his dribbling ability.

Coming back from injury..and we need him for the Fulham game. Annoying but made sense to me.

Looks magic when he gets the ball. Still a few silly mistakes like not threading Cisse through for our second which would have killed the game. Will look back at that among many other things if we go out next week. Certain goal if he had just passed but he took it on himself against all odds.