Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Liverpool fans are starting to move on to the ridiculous "maybe it means we are getting Enrique" argument.

Why would it mean that? :lol:

I'd imagine they think that they let us have this lad so we have to give them jose.

Well f*** you dippers.

Aye, that'll happen :lol: Silly Bin Dippers

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Is he actually a left winger? Read on a couple of articles that he cuts inside a lot, so he could be put on the right and used in a way similar to Gutierrez. Granted I haven't seen him play and I'm just going off what I've read on him.

Both wings I think.

http://ketilstensrud.com/2011/03/20/under-the-loop-sylvain-marveaux/

In-depth "scouting report" on him by what I can assume is a fan of French football - not sure how much the bloke writing it knows about the game -  but thought some might enjoy it.

Shamelessly pinched off Twitter.

Pace to burn. Great stuff.

Hopefully his injuries haven't tarnished that.

As I still think we've got at least one more first-team attacking player coming in (well, "front six" players at least - one may be another CM), we're currently looking at having 5/6 of the likely front six at a combined value of under £15m. That's Ba, Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Marveaux and Tiote for under £15m. Jordan Henderson cost £20m. Insane.

In-depth "scouting report" on him by what I can assume is a fan of French football - not sure how much the bloke writing it knows about the game -  but thought some might enjoy it.

I see him being very much like lennon, just hope he's got more end product.

Guest north shields lad

This why we constantly struggle. We have signed a injury prone player on a massive 5 year deal. He has hardly played in 3 years, and another club pulled the plug cos they had concerns about his medical condition, why do we do this?

In-depth "scouting report" on him by what I can assume is a fan of French football - not sure how much the bloke writing it knows about the game -  but thought some might enjoy it.

He takes set-pieces and all that though. He appears to be far more technically proficient than Lennon. Get yourself on the Tube.

This why we constantly struggle. We have signed a injury prone player on a massive 5 year deal. He has hardly played in 3 years, and another club pulled the plug cos they had concerns about his medical condition, why do we do this?

Once again, you show an astounding absence of logic. Congrats.

Guest elbee909

What's the betting the other club pulled the plug due to them upping their standards after signing a 'poor condition' striker for £35 million?

To be frank your board seems to be moving smartly. Lots of signings from the French league, which is a great place to look for value for money. Ba and Marveaux on frees aren't that much of a risk if the wages aren't outlandish, and there's a nice upwards potential.

In-depth "scouting report" on him by what I can assume is a fan of French football - not sure how much the bloke writing it knows about the game -  but thought some might enjoy it.

He takes set-pieces and all that though. He appears to be far more technically proficient than Lennon. Get yourself on the Tube.

Will check it out

Guest elbee909

Of course, I hope people realise these low transfer fee signings does not mean we're going to splash out the remaining 30-odd million on transfer fees.  I've a feeling these guys' wages will be coming out of that, which is fine by me.

To be frank your board seems to be moving smartly. Lots of signings from the French league, which is a great place to look for value for money. Ba and Marveaux on frees aren't that much of a risk if the wages aren't outlandish, and there's a nice upwards potential.

Jealous?

Oh wait  :-[

Also, interesting to note how that bit of fan-analysis completely contradicts what Colocho apparently sees him as from watching French football religiously.

/billybullshiner