London 2012: Mexico win Olympic football gold

Sifu

Guest bimpy474

Was a good game that and i have come to the realisation that the Women are tougher than the Men.  :lol:

Nah, a sly punch to the ovary and its game over.

Easily the worst refereeing I have ever witnessed. Bloody yanks. Beaten by the slightly better team all round but encouraging for the Canadians. Sinclair is pure class.

Aye, it was up there with the worst. Feel bad for Canada  :sad:

I feel bad for Canada, also considering the extremely physical way Canada have been playing I would have given them a better chance against Japan. Not to mention Sinclair set pices and heading is better than Wambach's.

---

Filigno

Solo

Morgan

LeRoux

:love:

Well I'm gutted but watching that match is the best Canadian soccer supporter experience I've had (I didn't follow soccer when the men won the 2000 Gold Cup).  Poor officiating and heartbreak comes hand-in-hand with following either national team.  Ref was just incompetent the whole match and we were just unfortunate that the big decision went against us.

I was half-following the thread so I'm not sure if it's been said but the indirect free kick was given for the goalkeeper holding onto the ball for more than 6 seconds.  Didn't seem to be applied at any other point in the match though.  I'm fine with the penalty decision but not at all with the free kick that led to it.

Immense performance by Christine Sinclair.  I don't know what the national team is going to do when she retires.

Was a good game that and i have come to the realisation that the Women are tougher than the Men.  :lol:

They're definitely way more hardcore, much harder challenges with a fraction of the flopping around.

As someone who coaches both, I've had a girl play on in goal with a broken wrist (and then ask to go to hospital later ... lied and played on even though she knew she'd broken it) and boys who run to their Mothers if they don't score. In general the girls deal with pain better. It was Salford though ... no shortage of hard girls!

I feel bad for Canada, also considering the extremely physical way Canada have been playing I would have given them a better chance against Japan. Not to mention Sinclair set pices and heading is better than Wambach's.

---

Filigno

Solo

Morgan

LeRoux

Wambach's not the best U.S. player though.

Add that Canadian Kaylyn Kyle to your list.

Guest bimpy474

They're definitely way more hardcore, much harder challenges with a fraction of the flopping around.

As someone who coaches both, I've had a girl play on in goal with a broken wrist (and then ask to go to hospital later ... lied and played on even though she knew she'd broken it) and boys who run to their Mothers if they don't score. In general the girls deal with pain better. It was Salford though ... no shortage of hard girls!

Women squeeze a baby out of a hole little bimps barely fits in. think thats makes them double hard tbf.

Dont half complain about it though, tarts ;D

Well I'm gutted but watching that match is the best Canadian soccer supporter experience I've had (I didn't follow soccer when the men won the 2000 Gold Cup).  Poor officiating and heartbreak comes hand-in-hand with following either national team.  Ref was just incompetent the whole match and we were just unfortunate that the big decision went against us.

I was half-following the thread so I'm not sure if it's been said but the indirect free kick was given for the goalkeeper holding onto the ball for more than 6 seconds.  Didn't seem to be applied at any other point in the match though.  I'm fine with the penalty decision but not at all with the free kick that led to it.

Immense performance by Christine Sinclair.  I don't know what the national team is going to do when she retires.

They'll be alright. Some great players on that team. Kyle, Tancredi, and Scott are all mint. Not to mention the keeper, she's pretty solid too.

---

Filigno

Solo

Morgan

LeRoux

Rapinoe, imo.

Leroux. :sweetjesus:

---

Filigno

Solo

Morgan

LeRoux

Rapinoe, imo.

Leroux. :sweetjesus:

Yes and yes.

:snod: