London 2012: Mexico win Olympic football gold

Sifu

Same happened in Sweden with handball when I think it was Montenegro who were visiting and either Serbia or like Macedonia anthem was played. At least they laughed it off and sang their own anthem without help from the soundsystem around them.

But its embarassing you get it wrong on such details ffs. Theres how many involved in this games? Someone should be able to make sure a mistake like that dont happen.

I know Neymar gets a lot of stick around this forum, but his Team and Individual achievements are immense for a 20 year old (wiki). Also reading an article this morning, if he wins the gold he will have done something Romario, Rivaldo, Ronaldo and Ronaldinho all failed to do which is winning an Olympic gold. And as being a forward kind of player, not a real striker 9 in 18 in the national team is a very good record.

Otherwise Im really looking forward to see Uruguays team, I know their team consists of many players of the team that was brutally raped by Brazil in the South American U-20 Final (6-0 to Brazil, Neymar and Lucas had a show on scoring all but 1 goal). But with that striking force they have the ability to beat anyone in this tournament if their defenders can have a excellent tournament. Suarez - Cavani - Hernandez are all 3 excellent strikers in their own way.

Spain and their style of play must mean they are favourites, Mata, Martinez, Isco, Munain are all excellent players. In terms of quality they might not be the best team on paper, but they sure do play like the senior team and will at the least reach a semi final.

Then except GB I expect, Switzerland, Mexico and Senegal all to put up a good fight. Mexico are great when it comes to younger teams, and recently won the Toulon Tournament in a fascinating way. Switzerland without Shaqiri still have a good team with Fabian Frei and Benaglio in goal. Senegal as the usual African power team will give a run for the medals, they recently beat both Spain and Switzerland.

In all will be a great tournament with some shit matches like the first one today, Morocco and Honduras.

Guest Geordiesned

Korea v. Mexico tonight. Very much looking forward to seeing our boys play at SJP O0

Saw your boys taking a morning stroll when I was on the way in to work. :)

Neymar has achieved a lot...

... in Brazil.

He's also a hilarious divey c***.

In South America, where Pele, Maradona, Zico, Garrincha, and Tevez also achieved a lot.

And I do agree he needs to cut down on the diving, but who doesnt dive nowadays? Best team in the world have bunch of divers in their team. Dont see how that has anything to do with footballing ability.

Can't help thinking he's achieved too much too young and now he's an arrogant twerp who will waste his talent

European have a completely different picture of what Neymar really is. On pitch hes a douche, but his talent allows this and its a way of getting opposition off balance. Off the pitch, Neymar is a very very likeable person. He has matured a lot over the years and always shows respect towards everyone. He has admitted he has a million of miles to go before even being close to Messis quality, he has admitted his mistakes from couple of years back, he has proved over and over again that he wants to stay in Brazil until 2014, had he been an arrogant cunt he wouldve left and taken the money offered in Europe.

People really have a different view of Neymar in Europe, mostly because theyve seen shit all and know shit all about South American football. Its like South Americans thinking Terry is an honest person, when he fucks around with teammates wifes and is a racist :)

And I do agree he needs to cut down on the diving, but who doesnt dive nowadays? Best team in the world have bunch of divers in their team. Dont see how that has anything to do with footballing ability.

It makes him a lot less easy to like though. He might be class, but if he's also a cheat I have a hard time supporting him.

No exceptions are made in regard to dishing out derision for blatant cheats.

I googled Neymar to pick out a dive to reference/post and I couldn't believe just how divey he is.  Total mess in that sense; worse than Busquets of 2 years ago.

It makes him a lot less easy to like though. He might be class, but if he's also a cheat I have a hard time supporting him.

Oh absolutely, I do understand the dislike for him, but thats not what I was arguing. His diving doesnt take away his footballing ability or his off the pitch behavior, does it?

No exceptions are made in regard to dishing out derision for blatant cheats.

I googled Neymar to pick out a dive to reference/post and I couldn't believe just how divey he is.  Total mess in that sense; worse than Busquets of 2 years ago.

The thing is he does dive, but what is the most annoying isnt the diving since he does get tackled a fair bit, its the fact that he remains on the floor for hours even after been given a foul. He always exaggerates and that pisses me off to, because we lose time and rhytm whenever he rolls around on the floor. Marcelo is another one who is good at lying on the floor. 

Neymar will cut out the diving all the time when he leaves Brazil. Diving is endemic over there due to the referees being so favourable to flair forward players. I've already noted a difference of him from doing it less in the Libertadores due to the non Brazilian refs not favouring him as much.

He's good but I've seen him shackled & rattled a couple of times (Velez and Penarol) so he is not yet the world beater but he never will be 'til he moves to a better league...unfortunately for Brasileiro fans.

Love seeing foreign fans taking in Newcastle, actually starting to get excited about the olympics now.

All the people wandering around is the best thing about it for me. Even though London always has loads of tourists, there's something more exciting about it now.