London 2012: Mexico win Olympic football gold

Sifu

Guest neesy111

Partisan? Surely it was the opposite with most being indifferent/neutral.

80% of it was against the Spanish team during their game.

Guest neesy111

Japan have been improving immensely over the last few years on a technical, physical and mental level. I expect the next generation to be the best yet.

Tbh Asian football fullstop has improved so much over the last decade.

:thup:

These are way ahead of us techincally, not physically yet but soon they'll be able to pass their way round us so it won't matter.  Them and Morocco played it the right way on the ground.

Guest Craig-NUFC

So many English kids clad head to toe in Spain kit. Was a lad next to me who spent the 90 minutes shouting 'Espana,' 'Georrrrrrrdie Alba,' 'break their legs' and kicked the shit out of his seat every time Spain fucked up. Proper little cunt. His dad was sat next to him egging him on. Guaranteed to support Chelsea. 

Reckon Japanese fans are my favourite away support now after reading up on them in The Blizzard and seeing some tonight. Also enjoyed the group of Africans scattered about in the SJH stand who passed a bongo amongst themselves.

Hated the constant attempts of a Mexican wave though.

Partisan? Surely it was the opposite with most being indifferent/neutral.

80% of it was against the Spanish team during their game.

Didn't seem like that to me at all. People were desperate for them to score and cheering all their good play, but happy when the Hondurans made a tackle or a clearance. Very much an enjoyment of the match as a spectacle rather than picking sides, with maybe the slightest incline towards the underdogs and acknowledgment of their efforts at the end.

So many English kids clad head to toe in Spain kit. Was a lad next to me who spent the 90 minutes shouting 'Espana,' 'Georrrrrrrdie Alba,' 'break their legs' and kicked the shit out of his seat every time Spain fucked up. Proper little cunt. His dad was sat next to him egging him on. Guaranteed to support Chelsea. 

Reckon Japanese fans are my favourite away support now after reading up on them in The Blizzard and seeing some tonight. Also enjoyed the group of Africans scattered about in the SJH stand who passed a bongo amongst themselves.

Japanese fans were as good as the Koreans on Thursday. However they all disappeared for the 2nd game, where did they have to get to so desperately?

Guest neesy111

Aye, ridiculous like I'd seen so many Torres shirts you'd thought it was a Liverpool convention organised by Benitez at times.  Loved the Japanease fans like, flags, good support etc, deserved to win as well.

Guest neesy111

Japanese fans were as good as the Koreans on Thursday. However they all disappeared for the 2nd game, where did they have to get to so desperately?

Same as the spanish fans that turned up for only the 2nd game, the North East corner was empty 1st game but 75% full 2nd game.

Guest neesy111

I heard a few English chants going along by the Japanease like.  Got a few looks by joining in with a Toon Toon Black & White Army with some randomer in the leazes. :lol:

Honduras beating Spain, possibly the biggest upset I've ever seen and deserved. :thup:

Referee was s**** mind.

Since we've gone to u-23 for Olympics Ghana, Poland, Nigeria (twice), Cameroon, Chile,and Paraguay have all medalled. The lack of all the senior players makes it so every team with a good amount of talent has a chance to go far. I always enjoy the tournament, good football and many surprises.

Guest neesy111

Honduras beating Spain, possibly the biggest upset I've ever seen and deserved. :thup:

Referee was s**** mind.

Since we've gone to u-23 for Olympics Ghana, Poland, Nigeria (twice), Cameroon, Chile,and Paraguay have all medalled. The lack of all the senior players makes it so every team with a good amount of talent has a chance to go far. I always enjoy the tournament, good football and many surprises.

Good stuff, still think Olympic football is complete separate to predict from normal international football after tonight's results, but that gives more teams a chance of winning it which is good.

Can't decide if I'd prefer Uruguay or GB in the quarters. Both would be pretty tough for us.

Senegal would be the ideal opponents, of course.

Wonder how far we need to get to play at St James again?

That was getting right on my nerves by the end. :lol: I refuse to join in with those. Proper cringeworthy.

Had a canny time at the matches anyway. I was pretty tired by the end though, tough work watching all this sport. The highlight for me was a young lass of about 4 years old who hadn't been remotely interested in anything going on, but saw a Japanese substitution and said extremely loudly "THEY BOTH LOOK THE SAME" to a bit of a chuckle from the crowd and a somewhat embarrassed dad. :D

Back on Friday for the women's QF and Saturday for the men's. All these visits to SJP in a short space of time is starting to remind of the Championship season where we had a match every 2 minutes.

Guest neesy111

That was getting right on my nerves by the end. :lol: I refuse to join in with those. Proper cringeworthy.

Had a canny time at the matches anyway. I was pretty tired by the end though, tough work watching all this sport. The highlight for me was a young lass of about 4 years old who hadn't been remotely interested in anything going on, but saw a Japanese substitution and said extremely loudly "THEY BOTH LOOK THE SAME" to a bit of a chuckle from the crowd and a somewhat embarrassed dad. :D

Back on Friday for the women's QF and Saturday for the men's. All these visits to SJP in a short space of time is starting to remind of the Championship season where we had a match every 2 minutes.

It'll be the same hopefully next season with the Europa League and some cup runs.

Could've done with a few more goals but the Spain v Honduras game was good.

I took a ball full-on in the face during Spain's warm up though, which hurt like a motherfucker. We were on the 2nd row in the Leazes and I only looked away for a second.  I saw a young girl take one in the mush from one of Japan's players as well before the first game - they can't shoot for shit.