The 2011-2012 Betting Thread: Last call for 2011/12 football, pretty much

Stu

Something similar happened to me the other day. As you can see from this thread, I believed that I'd put money on Cardiff being up at half time in the CC Final the other day, when the money never credited my account I looked at my bet history again and it had it down as Cardiff to win the trophy. I'm certain that I placed the bet correctly, but obviously there's no evidence to back me up and they've just brushed me off with a "you need to make sure you place the right bet" message. :dontknow:

Guest Roger Kint

Something similar happened to me the other day. As you can see from this thread, I believed that I'd put money on Cardiff being up at half time in the CC Final the other day, when the money never credited my account I looked at my bet history again and it had it down as Cardiff to win the trophy. I'm certain that I placed the bet correctly, but obviously there's no evidence to back me up and they've just brushed me off with a "you need to make sure you place the right bet" message. :dontknow:

Do you use Paddy Power? Three times recently they have altered bets to suit themselves, twice nothing was affected as the bet was flat but the other time they cost me about £35. The cheeky bastards just ask you to prove it when questioned though, as if i screenshot every single bet i place on the off chance they change it. No doubt they would claim it was shopped if i did :lol:

Betting websites in cover their arses to screw people over shocker. My personal gripe is when they have good odds on something in-play, say the favourites losing 0-1 inside 10 minutes, you place the bet for them to come back and win. Then, after it's all gone through, you have a check and realise that it's already 0-2, and was a fair few minutes before you placed that bet. Suddenly it pops up, on WillHill at least, with a different colour highlighted score, basically denoting a 'correction' to a 'mistake'. Yet your bet still goes through on a team that's now 0-2 down. Cunts.

Betting websites in cover their arses to screw people over shocker. My personal gripe is when they have good odds on something in-play, say the favourites losing 0-1 inside 10 minutes, you place the bet for them to come back and win. Then, after it's all gone through, you have a check and realise that it's already 0-2, and was a fair few minutes before you placed that bet. Suddenly it pops up, on WillHill at least, with a different colour highlighted score, basically denoting a 'correction' to a 'mistake'. Yet your bet still goes through on a team that's now 0-2 down. Cunts.

I contested similar with a bet365 bet and they refunded my stake, was a fair bit too.

Shamrock Rovers -1 @ evens. Delicious.

Why's that so good?  I don't know the faintest thing about oirish football.

You'll see why  O0 Irish league champions (twice in a row) against a team that epitomises the shitness of the Orish league. Sounds like a grand awl bet! 

Do you use Paddy Power? Three times recently they have altered bets to suit themselves, twice nothing was affected as the bet was flat but the other time they cost me about £35. The cheeky bastards just ask you to prove it when questioned though, as if i screenshot every single bet i place on the off chance they change it. No doubt they would claim it was shopped if i did :lol:

Bet 365.

Bet 365.

I had an inplay bet that changed while i was making the bet, I argued the case and threatened to leave if my stake wasn't returned and they eventually returned it. It's bollocks though that if you are making an inplay bet the odds can change when you are depositing the money.

Bet 365.

I had an inplay bet that changed while i was making the bet, I argued the case and threatened to leave if my stake wasn't returned and they eventually returned it. It's bollocks though that if you are making an inplay bet the odds can change when you are depositing the money.

Especially considering (especially noticed when I used to you Bet365) the amount of times it'll delay the bet by about 20 seconds to specifically check if any odds have changed before placing the bets, and half the time you have to re-confirm your bet after odds change by about .03 after possession has changed over or something pathetic.

Guest Rey Mysterio

Victor Chandler let me off with one earlier in the season when they had Man City 8/1 win to nil at home to Swansea. Changed the odds back to normal shortly after my stake but honoured the bet. They ballsed up again last week on the rugby but I think the size of my stake forced them to void it shortly after I staked it.

Surprised to hear about Paddy being a knob, he's usually the people's champion.

Guest Roger Kint

Anyone on PP - Special offer(not sure how long they last online) 4-1 for Ba to score ANYTIME. Not bad odds at all.

Anyone on PP - Special offer(not sure how long they last online) 4-1 for Ba to score ANYTIME. Not bad odds at all.

On that. :thup: Only had £1 in my account so stuck that on. I'll put some more bets on over the weekend no doubt.

Some great odds out there once again this weekend. Could be a great weekend this, I actually feel it'll be legendary with the Derby and Man Utd both on Sunday.....

So if we follow your bets but don't say anything then they will come off, and if we make posts about it we jinx it to hell and everybody loses?  :laugh:

Some great odds out there once again this weekend. Could be a great weekend this, I actually feel it'll be legendary with the Derby and Man Utd both on Sunday.....

So if we follow your bets but don't say anything then they will come off, and if we make posts about it we jinx it to hell and everybody loses?  :laugh:

Well, tbh, I don't care. It didn't really change anything last weekend (well, it did on Friday and Saturday) did it? :lol:

A few people I know have said we're a good shout at 5/4. I'd tend to agree but when we're actually expected to do the business, we often don't.

Man City and Chelsea both without conceding a goal, sure.

Wigan however... :yao: