The other games today - 2011/12

Baggio

Guest kingdawson

No chance of that.

With this current team i'd agree but it really depends what we do in January. If we can get cover for Ade, cover for Lennon (Hoilett most likely), and maybe a cb too (Samba for sure) i'd say we can put up a challenge.

The way things are panning out, Spurs might just be travelling to Man City (the game after next) at the right time. Get something there and they're in with a shout.

I think everyone - including myself - expects them to sort of trail away a bit. But they aren't showing any signs of it and with only the FA Cup as another competition, they squad shouldn't be getting too stretched. Look at the team that played us tonight - numerous injuries but it was a fucking good side they put out.

No chance of that.

With this current team i'd agree but it really depends what we do in January. If we can get cover for Ade, cover for Lennon (Hoilett most likely), and maybe a cb too (Samba for sure) i'd say we can put up a challenge.

You need a better striker than Adebayor, he's too inconsistent. Was pretty crap tonight while everyone else was good.

That was a definite red and should be a ban with them saying all week two footed tackles can't be allowed. He wasn't booked so it can be looked at.

It is sad that English football has become so stratified that the peasants have to hope that one of the rich boys win the cups for them to have a shot at the Europa.

10 men Lyon came back from 1-0 down to beat Lille. Joe Cole scored. He's been impressive this season, and I would look into putting him into the squad if I had any desire for England to meet success.

City looked rubbish, Liverpool looked worse but got a penalty and just defended from then on, pathetic attitude though.

Apparently it's because of that attitude they won  :shifty:

I agree with you though, almost threw it away due to their approach at the end.

They didn't take advantage of that Savic fella at all. Should have gone for the jugular, City ddn't look at all threatening till they invited them onto themselves.

Guest kingdawson

If they win would that mean the UEFA Cup spot would drop down to 8th place?

I really like him but i will say he's not the greatest finisher. It seems Harry is going all out for Loic Remy who i hear can also play AMR (think thats his way of getting in 1 player rather then a striker AND  a right winger). I've seen him play around 3 times in the champions league so not enough to comment.....anyone thats seen him know if he's any good?

I really like him but i will say he's not the greatest finisher. It seems Harry is going all out for Loic Remy who i hear can also play AMR (think thats his way of getting in 1 player rather then a striker AND  a right winger). I've seen him play around 3 times in the champions league so not enough to comment.....anyone thats seen him know if he's any good?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not positive that answers Stifler's question.

Like when we went 1-0 against Man U and then stopped attacking? Oh wait...

See your point but generally not a fan of trying to defend for over 45mins deep. Sure be defensive, but just packing the backline? I think there needs to always be an outlet.

It's ok, the answer is no.

I'd love to see the reaction on here if we scored early on away to City and defended for the rest of the game, winning 0-1.

Biased little creeps.

Considering how much we dominated Man U in the last game, do you think it would have been a good idea to sit back after Ba's goal, and invite them onto us? Essentially what Liverpool did tonight, after having it so easy early on.

Guest kingdawson

Sorry that was meant for Fenham Mag.

City looked rubbish, Liverpool looked worse but got a penalty and just defended from then on, pathetic attitude though.

Apparently it's because of that attitude they won  :shifty:

I agree with you though, almost threw it away due to their approach at the end.

They didn't take advantage of that Savic fella at all. Should have gone for the jugular, City ddn't look at all threatening till they invited them onto themselves.

That'll be because it was correct.

Gung ho against the best counter attacking side in the country? Well it worked a treat for everyone at the start of the season.

Sorry that was meant for Fenham Mag.

:lol: I know man.

Anyway, as I've already mentioned, depressing how in the very near past, we were as good as you. Looked like polar opposites tonight.

Gung ho against the best counter attacking side in the country? Well it worked a treat for everyone at the start of the season.

The best counter attacking side in the country wasn't playing tonight. City were piss poor and there for the taking.

There's a big difference between  going gung ho and playing 11 defenders.