The other games today - 2011/12

Baggio

James Tarvenier starting in midfield for Sheffield Wednesday.

Got good feedback last time.

Aye played right midfield and did very well form the match reports.

Encouraging. Could he be seen as a backup to our right full back (Santon), if Simpson is in fact sold.

Edit: meaning next season

I'm all for romance and sentiment in football, but what is it with club's bringing back old players when it clearly isn't that great an option?

The Scholes sub was just bizarre. Had it been a different person altogether with the exact same ability, people would be like, "the fuck?" For one thing, he's fucking seven months short of match fitness! And they bring him on in a colossal game where there's every possibility of losing the lead? Mental. I was almost glad when he fucked up for City's second. The Paul Scholes of old would have known exactly what was within ten-square-metres of him before that throw had even been taken, and Manu would've retained possession. That's called a lack of match-sharpness.

Manu were lucky today. They've still got problems, namely at CM and CB - and Scholes isn't the answer.

Henry is probably going to be exactly the same. A great player in his day, but by all accounts has tailed off tremendously. Is the sole purpose of these signings to give the crowd a momentary buzz when they come off the bench? Plain odd.

Guest neesy111

What happened in Mancini's interview? Missed it...

Reporter trying to put words into his mouth, he wasn't having any of it like.

I'm all for romance and sentiment in football, but what is it with club's bringing back old players when it clearly isn't that great an option?

The Scholes sub was just bizarre. Had it been a different person altogether with the exact same ability, people would be like, "the f***?" For one thing, he's f***ing seven months short of match fitness! And they bring him on in a colossal game where there's every possibility of losing the lead? Mental. I was almost glad when he f***ed up for City's second. The Paul Scholes of old would have known exactly what was within ten-square-metres of him before that throw had even been taken, and Manu would've retained possession. That's called a lack of match-sharpness.

Manu were lucky today. They've still got problems, namely at CM and CB - and Scholes isn't the answer.

Henry is probably going to be exactly the same. A great player in his day, but by all accounts has tailed off tremendously. Is the sole purpose of these signings to give the crowd a momentary buzz when they come off the bench? Plain odd.

I posted this in the "Other clubs' transfers" thread:

Got this text from my Man U supporting mate when I texted him about Scholes being back (and Man U's lack of money):

Scholes is worth more then any player we could sign

Blind loyalty tbh.

Guest bimpy474

James Tarvenier starting in midfield for Sheffield Wednesday.

Got good feedback last time.

Aye played right midfield and did very well form the match reports.

Encouraging. Could he be seen as a backup to our right full back (Santon), if Simpson is in fact sold.

Edit: meaning next season

Kid does look like he has a good future, love to see home grown kids in the team me (i know he came from Leeds very earlier on but still).