The other games today - 2011/12

Baggio

Poor refereeing in the Spurs game. A lot of the Hearts players were leaving their foot in, and he was too lenient. Some refs do go easy on teams that are being outclassed. 

Happens all the time in Scotland. I lived there for a few years, and was told the Old Firm got all the decisions. Every game I saw was the other way round, at least away from home. Lower sides were getting away with murder.

Piss poor result for Schalke earlier. Helsinki 2 - 0 Schalke

What a game  :cheesy:

We could have easily scored 4. Missed a one on one with the keeper for example :thdn:

Did Litmanen play?

25 minutes.

We could have easily scored 4. Missed a one on one with the keeper for example :thdn:

Did Litmanen play?

25 minutes.

:aww: Hope he never retires.

Did Litmanen play?

25 minutes.

What a legend.

Pity about the after-match shenanigans. That Clásico was a great football game. Madrid look more daring this time around, but I'm excited about our progress too. It's so great to look at the bench and see some players you're excited about coming in, instead of Keita/Adriano/Jeffren... In just 10 minutes Cesc already could have notched an assist if Messi had finished that through ball.

Hope everyone involved cools the fuck down.

Bit of an eye-opener how poor Hearts are. None of their players look like they'd get in the Spurs reserve team.

I'm trying to work out whether they're Championship or League One standard.

Only Ranger & Celtic would get in the Championship, the rest would be League 1 and below. Scottish football is very poor.

I love it how people say this like it is such a revelation, scottish football has been barely keeping it's head above water for years, the clubs have absolutely no money but the fact we are still producing good quality players that go on to be solid premiership players is a good sign and give me some hope for the national team.

Also, if the likes of Hearts came down to the English league, their income would increase, and players would see going to Edinburgh as an attractive proposition to say, going to Wigan or Blackburn. Think they'd be a yoyo club floating from Premier League to Championship within about 5 years.

I wouldn't play him, have somebody playing like Lansbury who is actually desperate to play for us. Chamberlain and Miyaichi would be ahead of him since he doesn't want to be here.