The other games today - 2011/12

Baggio

Slightly nonsensical starting XI from Pep:

Valdés; Keita, Mascherano, Busquets, Abidal; Thiago, Iniesta, Cesc; Alexis, Pedro y Messi.

3-4-3 maybe? 4-4-2 with Keita CB and no DM?

Mascherano right back, Keita and Busquets centre back and Abidal left back I would imagine.

Guest Howaythetoon

Man Utd played some superb stuff and look damn good this season, far better than last season. I think the lesson handed to them by Barca has given Sir Alex some food for thought as their game plan seems to have changed drastically. They pass the ball about a lot more now and quicker with far better movement. Young's addition gives them width and direct crossing and shooting ability whereas Cleverley gives them some pass and move in midfield with Anderson sitting and Nani roaming. Then there is Rooney who seems to be back to his best. He was superb yesterday, such a brilliant performance with 3 excellent goals. He looks sharp, very sharp. I have to say Smalling for a centre-back cannot half play, he bombs down that flank and seems quick footed and technically very good. Fergie seems to be building a whole new side again. How good a manager is he man. As for Arsenal, oh dear. I thought with a few good additions to the spine of their side they would be OK but it looks too far gone for them and perhaps Wenger too. What has happened to Arshaven by the way?

Edit: I forgot to add although he's nothing special, Wellbeck adds a new dimension to them as well, he's athletic, a willing runner and gets into good positions. He causes problems and in this side will score goals given the service around him.

Eugh Scott Minto. Wooden as f***.

I can't stand him. I remember him being truly awful during his brief stint as a Soccer Saturday reporter so how he's landed the main presenter role of Sky's Spanish coverage is beyond me. Maybe it's because he used to play in Portugal, which is near Spain.