The other games today - 2011/12

Baggio

Guest Heneage

Clearly, none of these pundits on ITV (O'Neill, Keane, Southgate) have anything to say about Marseille. Between the three of them, nothing has been said about any player in particular. Nothing but generalities about atmosphere and tough European nights. How much research would it have taken for them to at least point out one player?

It's why I admire Gus Poyet calling them out recently. The fact we employ pundits just because they played professionally doesn't suffice when they refuse to even do the most basic of research.

:suicide:

Careful. You'll get more blood on your breakfast cereal of choice.

I am not particularly concerned about consuming my own pristine blood.

Deschamps needs to lose his position. The way OM played in this match is the way they play every match. No threat, no creativity, no reason for me to continue watching this waste. I'll be at the return leg in November, so I can only pray they offer something better as that will be costing money in addition to precious time in my life.

Arsenal still look lost, btw. Mertesacker is a terrible signing.

Disagree, Mertesacker made plenty of spot on tackles, did well from teh corners and him and Koscienly looked much better than he...ever has.

Looked improved at the back, still rubbish up the front really. If I were an arsenal fan I'd be slightly cautiously encouraged.

Clearly, none of these pundits on ITV (O'Neill, Keane, Southgate) have anything to say about Marseille. Between the three of them, nothing has been said about any player in particular. Nothing but generalities about atmosphere and tough European nights. How much research would it have taken for them to at least point out one player?

It's why I admire Gus Poyet calling them out recently. The fact we employ pundits just because they played professionally doesn't suffice when they refuse to even do the most basic of research.

As an Aston Villa supporter, i can tell you that O'Neill has not got the first fucking idea of any footballer playing outside the United Kingdom.

Football doesn't exist overseas for him.

Iniesta has been steadily growing as a player this past year, particularly his composure in the opposition box. His current form is amazing. Today he got tired after the first half, which is understandable given he's just been back from injury, but I'm really looking forward his run this season if he manages to stay injury-free.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Was on one of the podcasts I listen to (might be BBC) that Britain is the only place where journalists aren't main pundits for games on tv.

Disagree, Mertesacker made plenty of spot on tackles, did well from teh corners and him and Koscienly looked much better than he...ever has.

Looked improved at the back, still rubbish up the front really. If I were an arsenal fan I'd be slightly cautiously encouraged.

Likewise, he seemed decent tonight although OM were poor.

Guest palnese

Anyone watched the Chelsea game? How did Oriol Romeu play?

I didn't see the game, but my Chelsea supporting mate said he played very well. Looks a hard man. You don't see that too often in players from Spain.

Anyone watched the Chelsea game? How did Oriol Romeu play?

I didn't see the game, but my Chelsea supporting mate said he played very well. Looks a hard man. You don't see that too often in players from Spain.

Thanks, he's highly rated here, and playing for Chelsea is a great chance for him. Hope we use that buyback option down the line.