The other games today - 2011/12

Baggio

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Didn't see the tackle but is this misleading?

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg619/scaled.php?tn=0&server=619&filename=xw5ma.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Yeah, slightly. Went with 1 foot first, won the ball, then swung his trailing leg through (similar to De Jong!).

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg619/scaled.php?tn=0&server=619&filename=xw5ma.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Looks a clear red from that. I also did not see it /Wenger.

Yeah it's misleading, he didn't jump in with his legs/feet already like that. He smashed the ball away with his right foot and after it was way clear the momentum of his right swung it up into Dembele.

Guest bimpy474

Nope its a nasty one, its one where you know your getting the player too, its a naughty one because the other player hasn't a chance to avoid it.

Didn't see it either but it looks horrendous from that still.

Hate those sort of tackles. Every bit a red card. There was one in the Totton/Bristol game the other day which was a bit of a 'softer' version; still a stone-wall red card for me though. I'm in the 'but it's a contact sport' brigade, too. You can't go round nearly breaking people's legs.

The studs on his leading leg came through and caught Dembele high up. Unnecessarily forceful tackle. No need to fly in with that amount of momentum and agression. If there is a risk of getting sent off for it, then why do it if not absolutely necessary. Foolish tackle.

That makes it look a lot worse than it was.

He clearly won the ball with his right & the debatable point is whether he followed through with his left on purpose.

It was his right foot (the one which cleared the ball) that connected with Dembele tbf.

Guest bimpy474

We all know what we are doing in that situation, if you've played anyways, its ball then man, done a million of them and thought they were get stuck in tackles, until i was on the receiving end of one, and then you realise its an only one person gets hurts dirty tackle, imo. 

Whether he got the ball or not tends to go out of the window with those high tackles.

Yeah but he didn't go in at that height, only the momentum of the clearance took his leg there. He can't just stop it in an instant. Have you seen it yet? :razz:

Anyway, makes up for that absolute joke of a red for Rodwell.

Oh, right, cool.

Obviously I meant in balancing it out in Liverpool terms. Unfortunately it wont make it up for you, so, sorry about that.

On a side note, got any thoughts about Yakubu's current form?