The other games today - 2011/12

Baggio

Gawd, only 5 points ahead of Norwich now.

If Lambert and Rodgers keep on as they are they'd be my candidates for manager of the year. Be interesting to see if they get cherry picked in the summer.

Hope they don't. Very refreshing the way that clubs coming up from the Championship have fared in the last few years, there was a point about five years ago where getting promoted was practically a pointless exercise.

Think they've largely stopped buying Premier League "experience" (has-beens basically) and gone with the young hungry players that got them promoted. The club that has done the opposite, QPR, are the ones starting to slide.

I said that during the window. Much better policy.

Good points, I rate Lambert like, I know it's a side issue but he speaks very well in the media too, always seems composed and doesn't make excuses.

Can see this being a draw given the clip of that Arsenal backline. Vamos Arsenal anyway like!

Le Tiss in the commentary box, step up?

I've heard him co-commentate before and he was absolutely awful, just sat there going "Ooooooooohhhhhhh" constantly. :lol:

Guest Heneage

Gawd, only 5 points ahead of Norwich now.

If Lambert and Rodgers keep on as they are they'd be my candidates for manager of the year. Be interesting to see if they get cherry picked in the summer.

Hope they don't. Very refreshing the way that clubs coming up from the Championship have fared in the last few years, there was a point about five years ago where getting promoted was practically a pointless exercise.

Think they've largely stopped buying Premier League "experience" (has-beens basically) and gone with the young hungry players that got them promoted. The club that has done the opposite, QPR, are the ones starting to slide.

I said that during the window. Much better policy.

QPR had to do it though, they lacked the cohesion that Swansea and Norwich built up. Instead their promotion was pretty much based on being really defensive and letting Taarabt run free. Obviously he can't do that in the Premier League so QPR have been forced into buying it past it players as they're a (slight) improvement on their current staff.

Can see this being a draw given the clip of that Arsenal backline. Vamos Arsenal anyway like!

Le Tiss in the commentary box, step up?

I've heard him co-commentate before and he was absolutely awful, just sat there going "Ooooooooohhhhhhh" constantly. :lol:

Sounds really nervous so far. Different job to Soccer Saturday where it's basically a pub atmosphere.

Be interesting to see what Arsenal do when Wilshere is back. Does he just replace Arteta?

Ease him gentley I reckon but aye, rotate with Arteta and Rambo I'd have thought. Not like Arsenal don't always have loads of injuries/games to play.