Pardew on Total Sport tonight

Big Geordie

Guest guinness_fiend

This it the key bit for me, which nufc.com have posted;

"Our own personal take on that is that there should be plenty of season ticket money, TV revenue, sponsorship income etc. to meet those running costs and we refer back to Pardew's words on the day after Carroll's departure, which seemed crystal clear to us:

"The one thing I said to Mike yesterday was: 'Look, if this boy is going to go, this money has to be reinvested in the team, all of it, and he has assured me of that. For the Newcastle fan, that is the most important message I can give today, that all that money will be used.'"

Tells you all you need to know.

And what's that then?

Pardew said he will be chasing down Charnley to write down exactly where the cash is going. That doesn't sound like a bloke resigned to letting  the money disappear up Mikes jacksie.

Actually it sounds like a bloke saying whatever he needs to, to convince the fans

Exactly.  How anybody still believes him is beyond me. 

Yep - he is a proven liar and he has dished out plenty of ambiguous statements. A mouthpiece and a yes man for Ashley/Lambias

:lol:

I love the transfer window, I really do.

"Our own personal take on that is that there should be plenty of season ticket money, TV revenue, sponsorship income etc. to meet those running costs and we refer back to Pardew's words on the day after Carroll's departure, which seemed crystal clear to us:

"The one thing I said to Mike yesterday was: 'Look, if this boy is going to go, this money has to be reinvested in the team, all of it, and he has assured me of that. For the Newcastle fan, that is the most important message I can give today, that all that money will be used.'"

And what's that then?

Pardew said he will be chasing down Charnley to write down exactly where the cash is going. That doesn't sound like a bloke resigned to letting  the money disappear up Mikes jacksie.

Actually it sounds like a bloke saying whatever he needs to, to convince the fans

Exactly.  How anybody still believes him is beyond me. 

Yep - he is a proven liar and he has dished out plenty of ambiguous statements. A mouthpiece and a yes man for Ashley/Lambias

:lol:

I love the transfer window, I really do.

Not sure what Pardew being a liar has to do with the transfer window like?

:sadnod:

Completely agree. There seems to be a fixation on this £35 million without thinking about the other revenue. We SHOULD be able to spend the full £35 million on transfer fees with the TV revenue/season ticket money/etc covering wages and tarted up training facilities.

Been talked about in other threads but we've been running at a loss. It seems likely that this season we should have made a slight profit before the Carroll money. But potentially our turnover is just about matching our current expenses.

If you then buy in more players and sign them on long contracts, your future expenses are going to be greater arent they. So i think Ashley is putting aside the full wages for the length of each contract for the new players we've signed so that everything is covered for the following seasons also. Which doesnt really contradict Pardews comments of the money being reinvested into the team, its just not how most football clubs are being run.

What did he sound like he was in the dark about?

Sounds to me like hes fairly aware of whats going on & fine with it

It's more things he has said in the past and been completely proven wrong about. "I promise Carroll wont leave", "All the money will be reinvested back into the team" etc. If Nolan's "comments" are true about how unhappy he was with Pardew not fighting for him then that's worrying too, as he's said in the past he wanted to keep him.

It is the way it works, so why should we be the only ones playing it straight? Look around at the crap other clubs come out with. Example: Read what Levy said about Berbatov (and other players) leaving, he knew Berbatov was gone, it was purely designed to talk the price up. Look at the false outrage expressed when players (and managers) are tapped up by clubs that do exactly the same thing themselves. You could also read what Levy and Redknapp have said about Modric leaving and let's see where that one ends up. This is a multi million pound industry and people spout all sorts of shyte to get selling prices jacked up, players to perform, players to join their club, keep fans onside etc etc etc. It is what happens, it is an industry with no integrity and we have gone beyond any justification for moral outrage.

Will it show up on the accounts how much of this money we've spent on the training ground?

It must be a decent enough amount for him to be bringing it up.

I have it on good authority that the training ground now sucks you off.

Some seem to forget that now we are back in the PL, there is plenty of money coming into this club via other means, as .com have mentioned. It's not like we are a Wigan or a Blackburn who are living on the bones of their arse, but of course this is what the club would have you believe. I'm not advocating going out and splurging cash on a Man Citeh scale, but surely there is room for two more quality and proven players brought in for fees if necessary?

Some seem to forget that now we are back in the PL, there is plenty of money coming into this club via other means, as .com have mentioned. It's not like we are a Wigan or a Blackburn who are living on the bones of their arse, but of course this is what the club would have you believe. I'm not advocating going out and splurging cash on a Man Citeh scale, but surely there is room for two more quality and proven players brought in for fees if necessary?

The answer to your question is maybe there is, but still the club is running at a regular loss and Ashley has decided (rightly or wrongly) that this won't continue (even though it does at almost every other club).

It's more things he has said in the past and been completely proven wrong about. "I promise Carroll wont leave", "All the money will be reinvested back into the team" etc. If Nolan's "comments" are true about how unhappy he was with Pardew not fighting for him then that's worrying too, as he's said in the past he wanted to keep him.

It is the way it works, so why should we be the only ones playing it straight? Look around at the crap other clubs come out with. Example: Read what Levy said about Berbatov (and other players) leaving, he knew Berbatov was gone, it was purely designed to talk the price up. Look at the false outrage expressed when players (and managers) are tapped up by clubs that do exactly the same thing themselves. You could also read what Levy and Redknapp have said about Modric leaving and let's see where that one ends up. This is a multi million pound industry and people spout all sorts of shyte to get selling prices jacked up, players to perform, players to join their club, keep fans onside etc etc etc. It is what happens, it is an industry with no integrity and we have gone beyond any justification for moral outrage.

That's all true, but it wasn't so long ago our owner and chairman were judged to have deliberately and repeatedly misled us in the past so I'm inclined to think it's a bit more serious than the stuff you mention. It might not be, but I find it very hard to trust them/Pardew.

Ticket money wont be that different will it? Tv revenue will have helped us cover ourselves this season yes since we've brought the wages down. If we're only now covering ourselves though, Ashley isnt going to start spending loads that isnt covered in the future.

That's all true, but it wasn't so long ago our owner and chairman were judged to have deliberately and repeatedly misled us in the past so I'm inclined to think it's a bit more serious than the stuff you mention. It might not be, but I find it very hard to trust them/Pardew.

It's a morally bankrupt industry. Ashley is about the only owner who has ever been taken to court and exposed. He certainly isn't the only owner who has done the things that came out in the KK tribunal. I think that he was incredibly naive when he bought us but has learned a bit along the way, however I don't expect him to turn into Snow White any time soon. 

Will it show up on the accounts how much of this money we've spent on the training ground?

It must be a decent enough amount for him to be bringing it up.

I have it on good authority that the training ground now sucks you off.

We could always spend that money on sucking Michael Owen off instead.

That's pretty much a Keegan line from his post tribunal statement, not one from the tribunal itself mind (though that doesn't mean they didn't fuck up and confusingly failed to be explicitly clear to Keegan on their policy regarding transfers in public or private of course).

As for Pardew, he hasn't lied in any great fashion for me whatsoever. Saying that he had assurances Carroll would stay, or that he wanted Nolan to stay, does not mean that he is some kind of weasel when an offer comes in the club accept, or that while Nolan is an important player now, we feel that he will be in 4 years time and deserving of a five year contract.

The only thing that concerns me is his habit of fucking up his own players names and ages, otherwise, in my humble opinion, he has been more than open on the things he can discuss in public.

For those that listened, did any of the transfer talk sound like anything is imminent?

Not particularly. At one point he mentioned the positives of waiting to buy players until after the start of the season, waiting to see who isn't getting a game and may become available...

Christ almighty. :lol:

This does keep getting raised. It relates to a particular circumstance where Keegan was publicly saying that he had the final say on transfers, and Wise / Llambias were in the position of either saying 'it's more complicated than that' (which would have exposed a division in the working relationships within the club) or covering things up by backing Keegan's statement. They chose the second course, which of course was a deception.

Now everyone has their own opinion about where the fault lies in the Keegan-Ashley rift, but on this particular matter a) it's the sort of cover-up that often has to go on in large institutions when dealing with the public and b) it doesn't mean that every statement that Ashley or Llambias make has to be treated with more suspicion than you would with any other Chairman / owner of a football club.

The flipside of this that I often see is that any statement from a critic of this regime (eg Keegan, Shearer, Barton) gets treated without any scepticism at all.

Its so obvious that Taylor is the contingency for Jose.  I know we don't want to believe it but deep know you know it is true.

It was fairly obvious from what he said that the contingency plan will only kick in if Jose goes. That doen't sound like our persuit of Taylor in the slightest.

So why haven't we signed him yet? 

Wait and see, if Jose goes, this guy will all of a sudden be signed.  Not negative, just getting wise to the way the club thinks these days.

Guest TheSummerOf69

This does keep getting raised. It relates to a particular circumstance where Keegan was publicly saying that he had the final say on transfers, and Wise / Llambias were in the position of either saying 'it's more complicated than that' (which would have exposed a division in the working relationships within the club) or covering things up by backing Keegan's statement. They chose the second course, which of course was a deception.

My impression was that it was Keegan who tried to "cover things up" when they sold Milner against his wishes, but then when they bought Xisco and Gonzalez rather than KK's targets it was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Apart from the tribunal...

Wise came out and said that KK had final say on transfers, long before any Keegan staterments that the club would have felt were wrong but needed "covering".

Ashley said that Shearer was the best decision he'd made, before blanking him and going with Hughton.

Ashley obviously told Pardew that Carrol was staying, and then that the money would be reinvested.

Its so obvious that Taylor is the contingency for Jose.  I know we don't want to believe it but deep know you know it is true.

It was fairly obvious from what he said that the contingency plan will only kick in if Jose goes. That doen't sound like our persuit of Taylor in the slightest.

Because Swansea think we're Liverpool?

Its so obvious that Taylor is the contingency for Jose.  I know we don't want to believe it but deep know you know it is true.

Because Swansea think we're Liverpool?

Arf. :lol:

Broadsword, we have had an offer rejected. If that was accepted, do you think we'd have turned around to Swansea and said, "hang on Enrique's yet to decide what he's up to; could be a while though, hell he might even stay", and they'd have accepted that? No.

Taylor is a young player who's barely made the step up to the Championship and if anything I reckon is being brought in to allow Furguson to take on a role further up the pitch as he develops. Hey, it may happen yet if things go horribly wrong, but I just can't see us seeing Taylor as first choice left back just yet .

Dissapointed yet not shocked at Pardews revelations regarding the 35M.

Fair enough, the 35M will probably be all invested back in the club in some shape or form but where does the TV money/Season ticket money and sponsorship deals etc. go? We must also ask the question, if Carroll had stayed, would we be signing nobody this summer?

I think we'll get in another striker, hopefully not Shane Long and hopefully another midfielder. If Enrique goes we'll probably get in another left back, if thats Wayne Bridge i'll be sorely dissapointed.

Guest Antec

Dissapointed yet not shocked at Pardews revelations regarding the 35M.

Fair enough, the 35M will probably be all invested back in the club in some shape or form but where does the TV money/Season ticket money and sponsorship deals etc. go? We must also ask the question, if Carroll had stayed, would we be signing nobody this summer?

I think we'll get in another striker, hopefully not Shane Long and hopefully another midfielder. If Enrique goes we'll probably get in another left back, if thats Wayne Bridge i'll be sorely dissapointed.

Decent striker, midfielder and replacement for Enrique if needed and I'll be delighted

Get shot of Smith and Xisco as well and I'll be in dreamland