Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Pardew said: 'Fabricio represents everything I like. He was the number one choice to be captain and there wasn't really a number two in the running. He was always going to be the captain unless he suffered an injury.

'I admire him as much as a person as a player and there are not many players I would say that about. He's really fantastic the perfect character to be captain of this club.

'I hope we get his new contract signed and he will be here as captain for next three or four years because he is very influential in the everything I want to do.’

he still have 2 years left of his current contract, right? if so...no need to panic.

aye no bother, in my close to 20 years now supporting NUFC we've had 2 world class CB's and one of them barely played through injury which makes colo the best

so yeah, let's play it coooooool :lol:

:D

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-ne...newcastle-deal

Fabricio Coloccini has given Newcastle United fans hope that he will sign a new contract after insisting he dreams of playing for the club in Europe.

Toon captain Coloccini has been outstanding at the back for the Magpies this season, guiding them into the top four and into contention for the Champions League places.

But the Argentine has only 18 months remaining on his current contract and so far talks about a new deal have failed to reach a conclusion.

That has alerted a string of clubs, including Liverpool, AC Milan and Sevilla, with the player rated at ?10m. But Coloccini has given fans - who fear he will follow in the footsteps of previous Toon heroes such as Andy Carroll by quitting the club - a glimmer of hope.

He said: "I know that Newcastle want to extend my contract, but that's a topic that is for my agent. It is still early, but I feel very comfortable here and I would like to play in Europe with this club.

"There are always lots of rumours about my future, whether it's about Italy or other English clubs. But I just want to think about Newcastle at the moment."

Coloccini has also praised manager Alan Pardew and insisted he has a strong relationship with the Newcastle boss.

"I like him," he said. "He gives very clear technical instructions and explains everything in training very well. Also he is very close to the players. He's the type of coach I always like to play for.

"I think the key to this Newcastle team is unity and we all strive for the same goals. That comes from the manager."

Guest VaVaVoom

Got to be happy with what he is saying whatever way you read into it.

He is happy here, he has a love for the club at some level, he wants to be here NEXT season in europe. He states his case.

Its early days in his eyes. He has done well, earnt his money and raised his reputation in england and again in europe.

I reckon he will sign something sooner rather than later and if that contract offer is accurate then is a very good deal for him. He just wants to wait until we qualify for europe before commiting i think.

Thats his intent so that must be ours as a club too otherwise we could lose him and a few others for the same reason.

Close to the manager is always good too and i think AP wants Colo to be our "Main Man" for those 4 years on offer in the side, doing well in europe, the league and the cups.

Thats his plan isnt it? I think we are on track and thats a clear indication of the clubs expectations this year.

Like Colo says...Lets just concentrate on the football and where we finish...for now.

He is happy here, he has a love for the club at some level, he wants to be here NEXT season in europe. He states his case.

Its early days in his eyes. He has done well, earnt his money and raised his reputation in england and again in europe.

I reckon he will sign something sooner rather than later and if that contract offer is accurate then is a very good deal for him. He just wants to wait until we qualify for europe before commiting i think.

Thats his intent so that must be ours as a club too otherwise we could lose him and a few others for the same reason.

Close to the manager is always good too and i think AP wants Colo to be our "Main Man" for those 4 years on offer in the side, doing well in europe, the league and the cups.

Thats his plan isnt it? I think we are on track and thats a clear indication of the clubs expectations this year.

Like Colo says...Lets just concentrate on the football and where we finish...for now.

That was my immediate reaction when I heard he was waiting until the end of the season, I think he'll stay if we finish top 6/7.

Guest VaVaVoom

That was my immediate reaction when I heard he was waiting until the end of the season, I think he'll stay if we finish top 6/7.

I think providing we do qualify he will aye. I honestly think he is a decent man, he loves the game, he is happy and playing well in a good side and progressing. His is and wants to be a big part in that.

I think the details of that offer would be a very good deal for both parties and Colo is perfectly reasonable in saying "Ok, i like it but lets do what we've got to do first then we will sign it".

I think he is a loyal guy with his heart in the right place. I think Gutierrez already signing boosts the chances also. They are very good friends apparently.