Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Northern Echo saying that Colo's new contract is Pards top priority nad they think progress made over last couple of weeks.  On twitter on that tommorrows back page thing

Would be the best signing of all.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Northern Echo saying that Colo's new contract is Pards top priority nad they think progress made over last couple of weeks.  On twitter on that tommorrows back page thing

Great news

Would be the best signing of all.

I would quite literally be very pleased.  Though i wouldn't jizz anywhere or owt

Wonder if Liddle is pondering whether to take advantage of the Massive January Sale at Solar Style UK

No point now, the feed-in tariff is w*** these days.

Free electricity from day one though

Only during the day. :razz:

He's 30 in a few days, reportedly on high wages and if he signs a new contract we're very unlikely to get much of our money back on him in terms of a transfer fee... but let's hope they make an exception and pull out all the stops to keep our captain, who's also our best player, has a tremendous fitness record (touch wood), is a great professional and seems a good bloke.  Absolutely love the guy and hope he's a fixture of our side for the foreseeable future.

I'd like to think he'll stay if he thinks we're making strides forward on and off the pitch but by the same token an appropriate offer needs to be on the table. 

Fingers crossed.

He's 30 in a few days, reportedly on high wages and if he signs a new contract we're very unlikely to get much of our money back on him in terms of a transfer fee... but let's hope they make an exception and pull out all the stops to keep our captain, who's also our best player, has a tremendous fitness record (touch wood), is a great professional and seems a good bloke.  Absolutely love the guy and hope he's a fixture of our side for the foreseeable future.

I'd like to think he'll stay if he thinks we're making strides forward on and off the pitch but by the same token an appropriate offer needs to be on the table.  Fingers crossed.

The fact they gave Jonas a deal means they're willing to keep players who are 'old' so long as they are good characters, consistent performers and have good fitness records. There has got to be some continuity with the side as we progress and the two Argies are far better candidates to be that than Nolan and Barton were IMO despite their nationality.

Obviously the sticking point with Colo is his wages are higher and he's also more likely to attract interest from other clubs than Jonas. You've got to hope they see sense with this one though, lose Colo and all the good work comes crumbling down tbh.

I'd like to think he'll stay if he thinks we're making strides forward on and off the pitch but by the same token an appropriate offer needs to be on the table.  Fingers crossed.

The fact they gave Jonas a deal means they're willing to keep players who are 'old' so long as they are good characters, consistent performers and have good fitness records. There has got to be some continuity with the side as we progress and the two Argies are far better candidates to be that than Nolan and Barton were IMO despite their nationality.

Obviously the sticking point with Colo is his wages are higher and he's also more likely to attract interest from other clubs than Jonas. You've got to hope they see sense with this one though, lose Colo and all the good work comes crumbling down tbh.

:thup:

Just checked his games played for us. He has missed just 17 league games in the last 4 years(13%), not sure how many are injuries. Never seems to be unfit like. I reckon he will go on until 35 at least, should just sign him up as not going to get better than him like.

If Colo signs a new contract in the next few weeks (or even months!), I'll be a very happy chappy indeed.

As long as he signs, that's the main thing. It can't be said enough, he is probably our most important player and has certainly been one of the best defenders I've seen in a NUFC top.