Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Love how some people just creep out of the wood work when certain players have a bad game.

He's having a poor season. Absolutely nothing wrong in pointing that out.

People need to accept that certain supporters don't give a flying fuck if it hurts them that we're criticising their most loved and favourite players.

Guest palnese

Love how some people just creep out of the wood work when certain players have a bad game.

People need to accept that certain supporters don't give a flying fuck if it hurts them that we're criticising their most loved and favourite players.

He's hardly played. He'll turn this bad spell around.

He'll turn this bad spell around.

I'll agree with that.

People need to accept that certain supporters don't give a flying f*** if it hurts them that we're criticising their most loved and favourite players.

Agreed.

People need to accept that certain supporters don't give a flying f*** if it hurts them that we're criticising their most loved and favourite players.

Agreed.

He has looked pretty rattled in last couple of games, hopefully it's just a slight dip with him.

Guest mickcee

Cant believe how bad or should i say how bad for the standard he has set for past couple of seasons. Cant be confident playing alongside Williamson the form he is in mind

Guest neesy111

Cant believe how bad or should i say how bad for the standard he has set for past couple of seasons. Cant be confident playing alongside Williamson the form he is in mind

It's not just that tbh.  He does look a yard slower this season.

Putting it down to injuries and suspensions while playing alongside a dipshit. But as captain and such a quality player, it's in times like this you turn to his kind to see you through.

I'm not sure about this yard of pace, I haven't seen it, mainly been watching through my fingers though so may have missed the finer details.  :lol:

I don't think he looks much worse than before for the majority of games. He just seems to lose it a bit mentally at times, maybe because he's frustrated about how we're playing or something. He's taking more risks than he needs to, and letting himself down on positioning and some basics.

He's never been rapid, and he's always looked an absolute joke when our defence has been shaky. Ironically it was the same fixture last season that Andy Johnson tore us apart in when everyone was desperate to sign fucking Mariappa "because Colo and Wilo are slow". Elmanda the season before that too, he was also "weak as piss" when Jones battered us playing for Stoke at SJP.

I don't think he looks much worse than before for the majority of games. He just seems to lose it a bit mentally at times, maybe because he's frustrated about how we're playing or something. He's taking more risks than he needs to, and letting himself down on positioning and some basics.

Trying to take too much responsibility due to misfiring teammates I'd wager that one on. Spot on btw.

Trying to take too much responsibility due to misfiring teammates I'd wager that one on. Spot on btw.

Yeah, it looks something like that. In a weird way that attitude affects some footballers a lot, amateurs too. Sometimes when you're doing badly you need to trust your team mates, play your game and get out of it gradually.

No arguments there at all. He's not put in the near 10/10 displays he managed last season, and he still struggles with the same type of forward. But I find it ridiculous to question his commitment during a game like yesterday. Of course, when someone who is normally on top of his game makes a mistake, it gets highlighted more because it is not expected. I just don't think his temperament or his commitment can be questioned when you see what he's done for the rest of the game.

Yeah. He seemed to be involved in the game constantly for 90 minutes, so 2 or 3 below par moments doesn't seem too bad in that context.

Not sure if sarcasm...

What I'm trying to say is that he didn't hide. He clearly knew he made a hash of a couple of situations, but he put in the effort to try to rectify them. Which is the least I'd expect from such a brilliant footballer, and club captain no less.

Had a very strange game last night, I thought he was terrible in the build up to their first goal and bad marking for the second, there were times also where he looked dodgy as hell. However he made one terrific challenge in the second half to stop a route one move by Fulham that looked dangerous and the header and shot that both really deserved a goal. Another player just not performing to his ability, which can be said about way too many of our players right now.