Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

I'm just surprised people started writing him off as a crock considering he's remained fairly free of injuries through most of his career. Fair enough he's getting older, but he's earned the benefit of the doubt surely?

He's not a crock, he's not a shit player and he's not a shit captain.

I agree!

(Actually I don't know how good a captain he is, but you know what I mean)

Guest bimpy474

I really only have one worry about Colo and it's purely a football one. At free kicks (mainly) and corners he loses his man very poorly for a defender and it cost us goals. Other than that i have no worries about him.

I hope he plays and I hope he gets back to his old self from last season...we're a better team with him at his best and I always love seeing him take the piss out of people with his classy little flicks and stuff. Great news that he's back honestly -- If the word is that he's the glue that holds everyone together, then we absolutely need his experience and presence for the derby.  I'm sure him being back has given everyone a lift.

Now only if HBA could get back to Villa-form this Sunday....

I'm just surprised people started writing him off as a crock considering he's remained fairly free of injuries through most of his career. Fair enough he's getting older, but he's earned the benefit of the doubt surely?

I don't remember anyone calling him a crock. But he's had too many muscle injuries in the past year for it to be ignored.

Ever since he had that back spasm (was it away at Man Utd?) he seems to have picked up a fair few muscle injuries.

I hope he plays and I hope he gets back to his old self from last season

To be honest, he was generally shit along with the rest of the team last season, he was immense in this fixture last year but it was all downhill after that until he came back towards the end of the season in which he was a rock and led us to safety with a couple of superb displays. All in all though, a season to forget for him.

I hope he plays and I hope he gets back to his old self from last season

To be honest, he was generally s*** along with the rest of the team last season, he was immense in this fixture last year but it was all downhill after that until he came back towards the end of the season in which he was a rock and led us to safety with a couple of superb displays. All in all though, a season to forget for him.

I just mean hopes he gets back to his old form...

Guest palnese

A mate told me he had heard something about Colo being until the New Year. Anyone heard owt?

Mackem rumour.

Aye

Awesome, so glad you were right.  Medal is in the post. Well done son, well fucking done.

:thup:

Aye.

Awesome, so glad you were right.  Medal is in the post. Well done son, well fucking done.

A mate told me he had heard something about Colo being until the New Year. Anyone heard owt?

Mackem rumour.

Aye

Aye.

Oh you two...

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/2013-10/enhanced/webdr03/23/10/anigif_enhanced-buzz-2565-1382537292-0.gif

Mackem rumour.

Aye

Aye.

Oh you two...

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/2013-10/enhanced/webdr03/23/10/anigif_enhanced-buzz-2565-1382537292-0.gif

Let's not even go into why you'd have that saved as a gif :lol:

How would being in Argentina get him fitter than here?

They have medical facilities just like we have here, being with his family gives it the edge because he will have been happier and mentally in a better place.

No way there are any medical facilities in a corrupt third world banana republic like Argentina.

:lol: pata in with the petrol bomb.

:lol:

How would being in Argentina get him fitter than here?

They have medical facilities just like we have here, being with his family gives it the edge because he will have been happier and mentally in a better place.

No way there are any medical facilities in a corrupt third world banana republic like Argentina.

:lol:

So Pardew and Coloccini have trolled us all, is this some sort of new mind game that they've agreed to play with the rest of football or have the Argentinians come up with a new regenerative technique that they're unwilling to share with modern medicine? :cheesy2:

It goes without saying though, it would be a massive boost if he does make it for the derby. Let's hope he passes his fitness test.

Whether he is fit enough to play or not, Fabricio Coloccini tells nufc.co.uk he will play his part at Sunderland

By Anthony Marshall - Newcastle United Managing Editor

Fabricio Coloccini has vowed to play his part at the Stadium of Light on Sunday, even if it is not on the pitch, as he laughed off suggestions about being sidelined until Christmas with a groin injury.

The Argentine defender picked up the knock while on international duty earlier this month and missed last weekend's Premier League draw with Liverpool.

However, he has been back in light training this week at the Magpies' Benton-based headquarters, with boss Alan Pardew revealing on Friday that the skipper is "touch and go" for spot in the Tyne-Wear derby.

And even if Sunday's fixture comes too early for Coloccini, the centre-back will lend his experience and know-how to the rest of the dressing room, as Newcastle bid for another positive result on Wearside.

"It is not too bad. I have started to run so I am pleased with that," Coloccini told nufc.co.uk about his groin complaint.

"I heard in the news that I was supposed to be in Argentina, that I could be out for ten weeks but no, that is not true.

"It is difficult when you are out, especially for games like Sunderland, because you would like to be on the pitch.

"I am not sure whether I will play yet but if I don't I will give the players help and talk to them.

"A lot of them played in the derby last year, apart from Remy, but everyone knows what this game means.

"It is a big one for everyone and hopefully we can get three points."

Great club captain.