Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Guest neesy111

Thought we looked OK (ie no worse than any other combination) with Lascelles and Mbemba in the middle, to be fair. I'm baffled as to why Rafa changed it for Steven fucking Taylor of all people.

Only thing I can think off, is he wanted Taylor's experience.

Thought we looked OK (ie no worse than any other combination) with Lascelles and Mbemba in the middle, to be fair. I'm baffled as to why Rafa changed it for Steven fucking Taylor of all people.

Experience of getting relegated.

I can only think he got sucked in by the whole Geordie passion stuff

Experience of getting relegated.

I can only think he got sucked in by the whole Geordie passion stuff

A lot of this get stuck in/pashun race to the bottom stuff is a real problem in this country. You want to belong in the elite level of the game you've got to be cleverer than that.

Guest Montezuma0

Appalling choice of captain by McClaren, big sign of weakness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Giving this coward a new contract and the captain's armband - a typically cheap and easy decision made by the club owner instead of fully investing where it was needed.  Looked at squad numbers rather than quality. Won't be easy to get rid of either as he's shit, old and on massive wages.

Lots of things have gone wrong, but if I was to pinpoint one factor, it's the failure to spot the lack of leadership on the field, and particularly in the defence. This is a long standing problem which pre-dated McClaren.

Successive managers have clearly rated him more highly than I do, so presumably I'm missing something, but I don't think I've ever seen the bloke actually talking on the pitch. On top of his particular weaknesses as a defender - lack of pace, problems in defending set pieces - the package doesn't look too great.

Not long ago, he actually wanted to leave, but the club resisted it. That struck me as an error at the time. How are the other players supposed to look up to a captain that isn't committed?

It's no Co incidence he always misses the end of the season has he got an agreement with thumb head that he can get leave or be excused for the last few games

We should have sent this cunt back to Argentina when we had the chance, absolute fucking cowardly specimen. The worst club captain I can remember for 35 years

Groin sprain in warm weather training in February. Missing until May. 1 word- coward.

To be honest i'm over the moon he was injured. Without him in the team we at least had a glimmer of hope of staying up.

If he'd still been polluting the first team with his dogwank performances we'd have been down a long time ago