Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

To be honest they just seem to be sounding off to their own press. Really can't see us letting Colo go cheap unless his personal issues are mega-serious. And maybe not even then.

I'm not convinced there are any personal issues.

NUFC need to hold onto his registration IF he does engineer a move away. Can't have any player deciding its 'time to go home' unless their is a serious reason for it. I know Keegan let a player go for next to nowt (Gavin Peacock IIRC??) because his son was unfortunately born disabled and he wanted to move back South to be closer to family.

NUFC need to hold onto his registration IF he does engineer a move away. Can't have any player deciding its 'time to go home' unless their is a serious reason for it. I know Keegan let a player go for next to nowt (Gavin Peacock IIRC??) because his son was unfortunately born disabled and he wanted to move back South to be closer to family.

KK loved Peacockas a player as well.

Guest reefatoon

To be honest they just seem to be sounding off to their own press. Really can't see us letting Colo go cheap unless his personal issues are mega-serious. And maybe not even then.

I'm not convinced there are any personal issues.

I agree

My Newcastle shirt run continues...Kluivert, Milner, Carroll, Coloccini...all left the year or year after i got them printed...but hey, not my 2009/2012 away shirt with Ameobi 23 :lol:

Fucking stop it then !  :lol:

They are trying to push Colo,  not us. The decision is on colos hands

No its not he is our player and we hold his registration and no player is bigger than the club ,we dont know the true really so imho we keep him till summer and go from there and fuck the Argies again

No its not he is our player and we hold his registration and no player is bigger than the club ,we dont know the true really so imho we keep him till summer and go from there and f*** the Argies again

I thought there was nothing we could do if he wants to buy out his contract? If he wants to be away and we can't convince him otherwise then he will leave, unless we come to a compromise of him leaving in the Summer

No its not he is our player and we hold his registration and no player is bigger than the club ,we dont know the true really so imho we keep him till summer and go from there and f*** the Argies again

I thought there was nothing we could do if he wants to buy out his contract? If he wants to be away and we can't convince him otherwise then he will leave, unless we come to a compromise of him leaving in the Summer

Let him buy his long contract out and skint the fucker  ;D

I'm having a hard time actually working out the situation behind this all. It's quite bizarre. I guess one possibility may be that his wife underwent tests here at some point and was diagnosed with some form of long term illness? Hence the reason to be back in his hometown without the immediate need to? But if this was the case why ask for the transfer halfway through the season?

So many rumours and questions with no answers. I appreciate the sensitivity of the issue but surely the best thing for him to do would be to pass on an official statement via the club?

Guest Roger Kint

Let him buy his long contract out and skint the fucker  ;D

Does he not have to wait til he is within 2 years of the end of the contract to do that? That would be June 2014 if so.

Let him buy his long contract out and skint the f***er  ;D

Does he not have to wait til he is within 2 years of the end of the contract to do that? That would be June 2014 if so.

2 years into his contract which means March 2014 the earliest. Even if he wants to buy out his contract by then, it won't be cheap.

Guest Roger Kint

Let him buy his long contract out and skint the f***er  ;D

2 years into his contract which means March 2014 the earliest. Even if he wants to buy out his contract by then, it won't be cheap.

Knew i had read 2 years somewhere.

Everyone criticising Harry Redknapp for commenting on other club's players need to remember why he's talking about them. People are asking him about them.

When you think of it like that it's perfectly understandable.