Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes

Coloccini info I had was as follows: meeting with #Nufc hierarchy & legal team tomorrow. It's delicate, but he's got 3yrs on contract, he's 30 & an asset. Since when do #Nufc give players/money away? Would expect him to be asked to stay for rest of season & reassess. Needs to be handled carefully and with tact, but that seems reasonable to me.

Which Hitler are we talking about?

http://pleatedjeans.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/hitler-leiderhosen.jpg

I Laughed this may mean im going to hell

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes

Coloccini info I had was as follows: meeting with #Nufc hierarchy & legal team tomorrow. It's delicate, but he's got 3yrs on contract, he's 30 & an asset. Since when do #Nufc give players/money away? Would expect him to be asked to stay for rest of season & reassess. Needs to be handled carefully and with tact, but that seems reasonable to me.

Obviously a bit different but...

http://www.7msport.com/news/upload_img/20101210/08.jpg

Should the club be prepared to cancel his contract, then would it not be reasonable to ask him to stay until we are safe from relegation and the sooner that happens, then the sooner he can leave.

Obviously we don't know the reasons behind this (and Colo has always come across as very honourable) but you don't want to set a precedent where players start to come up with reasons to walk out on a contract when they feel like it especially if they are still a valuable asset to the club.

Once his heart is set on leaving he'll do everything in his power to make that happen.

Everything?

Yeah it's completely in his power to just retire. Forgoing his football career, as he wouldn't be able to play for anyone else, if his circumstances are bad enough he should consider that, I doubt he will though.

Really worrying times I'm afraid.

Interesting to see what happens here though as MA seems to be adverse to setting precedents and simply cancelling his contract would certainly be a dangerous move (for the club) given the current situation.

Hope we can get something in place that suits both parties.

The easiest way out for him if he really wanted to help his "sick" wife would be to retire from football completely. Can't wait to see how this one pans out.

Why have you put "sick"?

BBC Newcastle were on about this on the radio and the impression given is that she really is sick and it's actually pretty serious but obviously the club have respected it's a private matter and have went public on it.

Guest ItalianMagpie

Realistically, we'd get no more than that for him imo. He'll be 31 next week and defenders don't often go for very much.