Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

8 minutes ago, Mike said:

Nah link this article, man.

Oh was ages ago and was meant to be a light hearted thing about silly big hair being a sign of a bad defender. I just think most football writers never gave enough of a shit to watch us play and still have crap surface level knowledge of the club in the way they'd get sacked for if it was spurs 

Edited by Tiresias

3 minutes ago, Gaztoon said:

Just wish he was signing now under eddie and the NEW newcastle... same with Cabaye.

Yeah. I think the waste of good players like that, that would have belonged at a proper NUFC, was sadder to me than all the planks.

Love a CB like him, always ready to dribble past players in a tight spot instead of just hoofing it. Game looked so easy to him when he was at his prime. Would easily be in my NUFC all-star team of 2000s and would love to see him back at SJP now with Jonas.

Edited by Pata

He had 3 really brilliant years. Best player in the Championship right up to being PL team of the season in 2012. Absolutely imperious at times.

However I think it was gradually diminishing returns ever since he put in the transfer request to go home the following season. It was almost weird that he ended up staying another 3.5 years after that. I think his worsening performances and ultimately captaining the team to relegation was a sad way for things to end and overall he ended up having arguably more average/poor seasons than he did good.

That said it would have been absolutely fascinating to see him in a proper side like our current one, with a stronger defensive partner and under a manager like Howe. 

Edited by ponsaelius

Loved him, was a favourite of mine during most of his time here, only dipped a bit at the end but I always loved him and Jonas as characters, Jonas less so as a footballer at times as he could be frustrating