Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

James, fuck off.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Well you know what is coming don't you? how the hair on one side of his head is slightly more curly than the other side which is an obvious indication that Colo is unhappy and the tightness of the curl clearly signifies Colo wants to join Bolton because a Bolt On is clearly something that has been twisted tightly enough  :anguish:

His distrubition from the back was missed today, how ever we did improve when we went to 4-3-3 in that regard.

Definitely need to bring a CB who can bring the ball out of the back better than Taylor and Perch before the deadline though.

Perch and Taylor are fine with their distribution. Very good imo.

His distrubition from the back was missed today, how ever we did improve when we went to 4-3-3 in that regard.

Definitely need to bring a CB who can bring the ball out of the back better than Taylor and Perch before the deadline though.

Agree, Perch was calm in possession and Taylor loves bringing it out. Our only defenders scared of the ball are Williamson and Simpson.

In the second half i'd agree but in the first half we struggled to really pass through midfield, something Colo is usually excellent for and not just simple 2 yard passes backwards and sideways he usually gets us going with crisp 10 yard forward passes.

We missed that IMO especially in the first half.

No, we don't need a Colo replacement, we need a Colo partner to cover/challenge Taylor.

No, we don't need a Colo replacement, we need a Colo partner to cover/challenge Taylor.

Didn't really mean that, i agree with you. I was just saying that a CB who compliments Colo but who can bring the ball out comfortably would be ideal.

I'd imagine a defender who complements Colo and is almost as comfortable on the ball as him would cost a hell of a lot of money. Coloccini is our ball playing defender, we need a big, physical defender alongside him; how good they are on the ball is certainly not a priority and Taylor is more than good enough if he can keep fit.

In the second half i'd agree but in the first half we struggled to really pass through midfield, something Colo is usually excellent for and not just simple 2 yard passes backwards and sideways he usually gets us going with crisp 10 yard forward passes.

We missed that IMO especially in the first half.

The midfield couldn't get into the game because a. Spurs closed them down very fast, the defenders got closed down well too a. outnumbered in the middle c. Spurs are a good team with a good midfield d. Cabaye in particular was off the pace and he's our playmaker.

Douglas is reasonably comfortable, i'm not asking for a Colo clone here just someone who is comfortable at passing the ball forwards.

If we are going to continue passing it out from the back, both our defenders need to be reasonably comfortable they don't have to be Colo comfortable but comfortable enough.

Douglas is reasonably comfortable, i'm not asking for a Colo clone here just someone who is comfortable at passing the ball forwards.

If we are going to continue passing it out from the back, both our defenders need to be reasonably comfortable they don't have to be Colo comfortable but comfortable enough.

In which case I'd say Perch and Taylor are both 'comfortable enough', at least they would be alongside Coloccini.

Yeah Saylor and Perch are good enough on the ball for me.

I don't think the problem in the first half was the centre halves' distribution, we didn't have enough options once it got into the feet of Tiote and Cabaye IMO. No striker really dropped off to receive the pass and Spurs were really pressing well.

I don't think the problem in the first half was the centre halves' distribution, we didn't have enough options once it got into the feet of Tiote and Cabaye IMO. No striker really dropped off to receive the pass and Spurs were really pressing well.

Spot on, it was mainly the hard work of Spurs that restricted us. Combined with the formation change, they obviously couldn't keep it up for 90 minutes.

Apparently we need centre backs who distribute the ball better...

http://tf-chalkboards.s3-website-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/images/0bf4f.png

:cheesy:

Not many of them were forward passes, which is my point Colo is fantastic at that and i still feel despite how well Perch and Saylor did that we missed Colo's distribution.

We need a CB anyway, i just would like that CB to be comfortable too and making the point.