Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Tell you what, i think i'd have drowned in me own cum if Cisse had completed that pass and Coloccini buried it 1-on-1. Would've been glorious.

That annoyed me, the pass wasn't even a hard one to make. Colo deserved better then.

Aye, I went mad at that, such an easy through ball to mess up.

Would have been the 1000th goal amirite? Would have loved it to go to Colo.

What a terrible pass by Cisse btw, Colo was clear through.

The reverse ball was on to Ba as well, we'd split their defence and they should have been punished. Excellent play by Colo though.

Is it just me or over the last year is Colo picking up a lot more niggles than he used to? He's not out for lengthy spells of time, but he's certainly missing the odd game more than he used to.

Another reason why we needed to bring in another centre back.

You're right, but his injury record is still by and large fantastic. I think that's certainly part of the reason the board were happy to shell out on a new long-term deal for him - that, and his consistency and the fact he's shown absolutely zero signs of a decline.

Is it just me or over the last year is Colo picking up a lot more niggles than he used to? He's not out for lengthy spells of time, but he's certainly missing the odd game more than he used to.

Another reason why we needed to bring in another centre back.

If his injuries were that bad Im sure he wouldn't have been offered that nice contract.  I think he has just had a couple of naff injuries tbh.

He's still cracks the games out for us.

Really reliable player.

Guest neesy111

He's still our most important player imo, keeps the whole back four together most of the time.  Wish we'd spent good money on a good CB to play alongside him.

He's still our most important player imo, keeps the whole back four together most of the time.  Wish we'd spent good money on a good CB to play alongside him.

Taylor is a good enough CB imo but his injury record just doesn't make for good reading.

Guest neesy111

Taylor is a good enough CB imo but his injury record just doesn't make for good reading.

That's my biggest issue with Saylor, really want him to have an injury free season but can't see it personally.

He is a genius surrounded by idiots, If they had half his nous and application we would have won on Sunday. He tries to play everywhere when the rest of them are slacking. Popping up on the left wing to cross at one stage and if whoever had read his lung busting run into the strikers position in the second half had played what was a simple ball in front of him instead of overhitting it he would have scored the winner.

If Cisse hadnt of totally f***ed up that pass on Sunday he would have been one on one with the keeper. Shocking ball by Cisse.

Almost smashed my table to pieces in the bar I was watching the game. Shocking quality. Cissé had another situation where he should have slipped it in for Ben Arfa but went wide and produced a horrific cross instead.

He is a genius surrounded by idiots, If they had half his nous and application we would have won on Sunday. He tries to play everywhere when the rest of them are slacking. Popping up on the left wing to cross at one stage and if whoever had read his lung busting run into the strikers position in the second half had played what was a simple ball in front of him instead of overhitting it he would have scored the winner.

The fact he even has to do that just says it all really. The team just isn't there at all, Colo seems like one of the few in form players, alongside Ben Arfa, whom might be abit unconsistent but thats to expect from a player trying to do it all. Cabaye hasn't been himself at all, we really lack tiotes steel in midfield, he's such a crucial part with the muscles and not all little wimps there. Jonas albeit doing his buisness he doesn't have the pace anymore to carry the ball all the way to attack. And the Ba/Cisse thing is really starting to get redicoulus, if they can't play together, they can't. They keep scounder chances for eachother finishing when the other is in clearly better positions, firing shots way out etc. Get one of them up top and more build up play with bigi tiote cabaye midfield, HBA and Marveaux out wide. Let anita and santon bomb while our flair players probes for an finishing move.

FYI

What is a Muscle Strain?

A muscle strain is damage caused by over-stretching of muscle tissue. In football, this is thought to occur most frequently when movements such as sprinting, stretching for the ball or kicking the ball are carried out in an unco-ordinated manner. The muscle tissue becomes overloaded and reaches a breaking point where a tear or partial tear occurs. The player will experience pain that will persist if he or she attempts to stretch or contract the muscle. Depending on their severity, muscle strains are categorised into Grades 1, 2 or 3:

GRADE 1 STRAIN

There is damage to individual muscle fibres (less than 5% of fibres). This is a mild strain which requires 2 to 3 weeks rest.

GRADE 2 STRAIN

There is more extensive damage, with more muscle fibres involved, but the muscle is not completely ruptured. The rest period required is usually between 3 and 6 weeks.

GRADE 3 STRAIN

This is a complete rupture of a muscle. In a sports person this will usually require surgery to repair the muscle. The rehabilitation time is around 3 months.