Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Woodgate was very good; Bramble was good too. Coloccini's in a different league.

Woodgate was a bit better than very good.

He wasn't. He made his mistakes and looked pretty assured behind an excellent midfield. Arguably the best in the PL.

I really liked Bramble tbh, he had too many "moments" but what he did well, he did fucking awesome.

If he didn't have these times where he turned into a tard he would have been absolutely immense.

I really liked Bramble tbh, he had too many "moments" but what he did well, he did fucking awesome.

If he didn't have these times where he turned into a tard he would have been absolutely immense.

I loved his diagonal passing and his general two-footedness. Him and Woodgate were a very good partnership.

Woodgate was very good; Bramble was good too. Coloccini's in a different league.

Barring injuries should have been at the back with Ferdinand for England for the past 6 years

Nah, Terry is a better player and person. Terry might shag Bridge's ex, but you wouldn't find him in Blue Lounge on Linthorpe Road at 2AM licking spilit vodka off the floor.

He wasn't. He made his mistakes and looked pretty assured behind an excellent midfield. Arguably the best in the PL.

Honestly can't remember mistakes from Woodgate that cost us goals.

He also played with worse defenders than Coloccini did.

I loved his diagonal passing and his general two-footedness. Him and Woodgate were a very good partnership.

I loved his overall clumsiness and catastrophic lapses in concentration.

In regards to Woodgate he was Bramble without the mistakes, obviously he made the rare one like everyone else but if he was a Lampard type for fitness (or Colo actually) he would have seen a ludicrously good defender.

Barring injuries should have been at the back with Ferdinand for England for the past 6 years

Nah, Terry is a better player and person. Terry might shag Bridge's ex, but you wouldn't find him in Blue Lounge on Linthorpe Road at 2AM licking spilit vodka off the floor.

I think Woodgate had all of the tools to cut it at the top level, he'd have been far more suited to international football than Terry. (Who hasn't looked as good for England as he has for Chelsea)

This makes no sense.

In regards to Woodgate he was Bramble without the mistakes, obviously he made the rare one like everyone else but if he was a Lampard type for fitness (or Colo actually) he would have seen a ludicrously good defender.

Bramble without the mistakes? What? :lol:

They're completely different players.

Honestly can't remember mistakes from Woodgate that cost us goals.

Just the one that took us out of the CL.

Shit, aye. Wasn't his fault we couldn't finish off the tie mind.

Thought you'd have been first to have a go at Shearer for missing a penalty. ;)

I think I remember a woodgate/given mistake at Wolves? Probably the only one, although Everton pen? (might be making that up, Bernard ruined by Graveson so should have been our freekick anyway).

This makes no sense.

How do you mean?

I think Woodgate had all of the tools to cut it at the top level, he'd have been far more suited to international football than Terry. (Who hasn't looked as good for England as he has for Chelsea)

Terry and Ferdinand looked absolute quality in 2006. It was the failing of those at the other end of the pitch that denied them acknowledgement as a partnership.

Ronaldo letting usual bias cloud his Woodgate judgement as well. In fairness he was bang-on all the way through with Colo, but I'm not having anything other than Woody was class barring his fitness. Seeing his name on the teamsheet when we had him here had a very soothing effect. Outstanding player who had a bit of everything during his time here.

This makes no sense.

How do you mean?

You loved him costing us goals? I love that about him now he's at Sunderland, but I didn't back then.

Ronaldo letting usual bias cloud his Woodgate judgement as well. In fairness he was bang-on all the way through with Colo, but I'm not having anything other than Woody was class barring his fitness. Seeing his name on the teamsheet when we had him here had a very soothing effect. Outstanding player who had a bit of everything during his time here.

I said Woodgate was very good for us. Where's the bias in that?

Terry and Ferdinand looked absolute quality in 2006. It was the failing of those at the other end of the pitch that denied them acknowledgement as a partnership.

I really don't think Terry's looked near the player for Chelsea that he has for England. Ferdinand's always looked top drawer in an England shirt, same with Sol Campbell as well. I put Terry a notch below the both of them when it comes to England performances.

People go over the top with the Bramble stick but Ronaldo's attempting to rewrite history in terms of his performances for us.

This is my point. The fella had matches where he could barely kick straight, ffs.

I said Woodgate was very good for us. Where's the bias in that?

Because you keep harping on about when you've seen him act the tit in Nunthorpe.

Bramble without the mistakes? What? :lol:

They're completely different players.

I though Bramble would have been immense if he could have cut out the mistakes, Woodgate was just immense. No comparison to style, just their ability/potential ability.