Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Might be that Pardew doesn't have a big influence on which player will leave the club but, with making Coloccini captain, he's done well as probably even Ashley won't sell two captains in one transfer window.

Might be that Pardew doesn't have a big influence on which player will leave the club but, with making Coloccini captain, he's done well as probably even Ashley won't sell two captains in one transfer window.

You think?

he'd sell his mother if the price is good

he'd sell his mother if the price is good

:lol:

Probably yes.

Guest Heneage

Looking back it was quite funny to watch the sky fall when that daft site linked him away. People were half way through finishing their 'Boycoutt' banners.

.com ?

No, I think they got it from the same dodgy looking Italian site, that was then picked up by a sport website that covers Valencia.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

.com in a case of putting two and two together and suggesting he'd be open to a move with Valencia who were apparently interested but no longer seem to be. So no news, really, but I just didn't know he was being 'monitored.' and it goes without saying it'd ruin us if he went, and I dont doubt that he'd be opposed to a move, with Jose leaving, etc.

Hope to fuck we keep him.

Can't see him leaving this season. Next summer will be an entirely different matter, however.

Both him and Jonas will be gone next summer.

.com in a case of putting two and two together and suggesting he'd be open to a move with Valencia who were apparently interested but no longer seem to be. So no news, really, but I just didn't know he was being 'monitored.' and it goes without saying it'd ruin us if he went, and I dont doubt that he'd be opposed to a move, with Jose leaving, etc.

Hope to f*** we keep him.

Can't see him leaving this season. Next summer will be an entirely different matter, however.

:frantic:

Wouldn't be surprised :(

As well as Barton and Smith. All of the 28+ year old, £50k+ a week boys off the wage bill...

it's likely. chances of us replacing them properly? i'd say about 30%

Hope to f*** we keep him.

it's likely. chances of us replacing them properly? i'd say about 30%

0.1% tbh.

Just seen the tackle from Bardsley, lucky his leg wasn't broken... you can see the bone bend.

Your stream is really slow.

Did you really miss the derby, Colocho?

Yeah, I was at a music festival. Newcastle United isn't my life, believe it or not.

That would normally be acceptable, however would I be right in thinking this music festival was V Fest?  :nope:

Guest Haris Vuckic

Just seen the tackle from Bardsley, lucky his leg wasn't broken... you can see the bone bend.

Your stream is really slow.

Did you really miss the derby, Colocho?

Yeah, I was at a music festival. Newcastle United isn't my life, believe it or not.

That would normally be acceptable, however would I be right in thinking this music festival was V Fest?  :nope:

V fest  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I remember in the wake of our relegation, one of the more respected journalists Henry Winter, came out with,

"Coloccini? He makes Boumsong look like Beckenbauer!"

Pretty accurate at the time.

Rubbish. He was twice the defender Boumsong was, even at his (Chelsea, 0-2) worst.

Guest johnson293

nufc.com stirring the shit as usual.

Pricks.

Sure I've seen things in the past where they claim they wont comment on transfer rumours/gossip until there's something definite - yet here they are, speculating that Coloccini might be away because Valencia have just sold a player.

As you say, shit-stirring.

I do wonder if they would sell him if a decent offer came in considering the central defence has been our strength so far bearing in mind we are struggling for goals.  Would be madness but how far would Ashley go with his cost-cutting?  Is the cost-cutting more important that guaranteeing PL survival?  There has to be a point where no matter how attractive the offer is that the club says no because it would just weaken the team too much.

Alan Pardew has hailed the leadership qualities of Fabricio Coloccini for Newcastle since being given the captain's armband.

"You have to be very impressed with him as a person," he said.

"He's taken it almost as a mission in terms of coming to talk to me and understanding what I am trying to achieve, understanding what the club is trying to achieve.

"I have been very impressed with him, and not only his leadership, but his playing as well, which has been of the highest order so far."

Dependable

Coloccini, who signed from Deportivo La Coruna back in 2008, has been one of United's most dependable players and become a cult hero on Tyneside.

And asked if the captaincy had helped bolster Coloccini's performances, Pardew answered: "I think that's fair to say.

"He has taken on a responsibility for the team, for the club, I have certainly felt that in conversations with him.

"Some players, you sense, will grow with the captaincy, and he is certainly one of those."

Top game today  :clap: