Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

An article written by Simon Cox/Zonal Marking

Not a big fan of his. His write ups are OK, but rarely covers both aspects, only ever seems to write what fits in with his opinion (basically no critical analysis). The Coloccini bit is interesting. Mentions the faults, but does he at any point mention the good things? Kompany won't be in the team of the year either, but doesn't mention that. Used to enjoy reading Zonal Marking, but I think it's somewhat weak now.

An article written by Simon Cox/Zonal Marking

Not a big fan of his. His write ups are OK, but rarely covers both aspects, only ever seems to write what fits in with his opinion (basically no critical analysis). The Coloccini bit is interesting. Mentions the faults, but does he at any point mention the good things? Kompany won't be in the team of the year either, but doesn't mention that. Used to enjoy reading Zonal Marking, but I think it's somewhat weak now.

No. The article is about under-performers. I agree Kompany could also be on this list too but I don't care about him. Nasri, Sagna, Jelavic, torres (bad choice), Jarvis, Adams, Borini, Bosingwa made the rest of the list.

I#m actually delivering my points with facts. RAWK-tastic on here in recent times

Laughing at our own players' getting ko'd is poor imo. Like I said, don't think that would happen on RAWK and the club is better for that attitude. As much as you mock the "we are Liverpool" stuff it's good for the team.

Changed your mind then?

Guest firetotheworks

The College Dropout should have eh, stayed in school. That and the car that was slowly filling up with exhaust fumes.

I#m actually delivering my points with facts. RAWK-tastic on here in recent times

Laughing at our own players' getting ko'd is poor imo. Like I said, don't think that would happen on RAWK and the club is better for that attitude. As much as you mock the "we are Liverpool" stuff it's good for the team.

Changed your mind then?

How genuinely pathetic.

Liverpool fans have their strengths and weaknesses. They support their team to the hill which is great. The RAWK admin took it too far with the censorship and it was pathetic. The way they handled the Suarez racism thing was too far and also pathetic.  Everyone realised that was a horrendous mistake.  But beinf supportive of your players works for the club 9 out of 10 times. We as NUFC are too impatient.  We happily sold Milner and Parker when they had plenty to offer.

Changed your mind then?

But beinf supportive of your players works for the club 9 out of 10 times.

So why do you do nothing but criticise and put down our players all the time?

A couple of months ago, statistics website WhoScored.com revealed that Coloccini had the worst aerial success rate for any Premier League centre-back this season – a surprising revelation. The personal problems that prompted Newcastle’s captain to request a transfer shouldn’t be ignored, of course, but they seem to be affecting his performance on the pitch.

As well as the aerial weakness, his positional play has been poor – witness his odd positioning for Bale’s second goal in Newcastle’s 2-1 defeat at Tottenham earlier this month. Coloccini was alongside Vincent Kompany in last year’s PFA Team of the Year – he won’t be elected for a second consecutive season.

Good summation of him this season as a whole.

How was his positioning poor for Bale's goal? Or how has his positioning been poor in general? That's absolute bollocks.

The two goals away at Stoke was bad.. Don't remember anything in particular the positioning versus Bale, but the challenge was poor. Seems like he loses his concentration and composure more often this season imo.

Changed your mind then?

But beinf supportive of your players works for the club 9 out of 10 times.

So why do you do nothing but criticise and put down our players all the time?

I don't. I've loved Cabaye since his return. Siss, Gouff in particular. I always give Simpson credit when it's due, often the only person doing so. Gave Debuchy massive plaudits after S'hampton etc.

I've never said anything negative about HBA, he's just over-rated in some sectors. I even defend Pardew when it's due. I don't make scapegoats out of our lesser players. They're reliant on our better performers.

But i'll call out fan favourites who deserve it. The biggest under performers of our side have been Colo and Cisse. They've had the biggest drop in form of all our players. People act like it's all Willo's fault or Saylors, greedy-Demba, Pardew etc. rarely look at the player's themselves letting US down.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/newcastle-hit-by-fabricio-coloccini-injury-blow-8515883.html

Newcastle are expected to be without their captain Fabricio Coloccini for most of March because of the back injury he suffered during their 4-2 victory against Southampton last weekend.

The Argentine defender injured his back attempting an acrobatic clearance during the first half in the crucial win that moved the club clear of the relegation zone. He immediately limped off on the stroke of half-time and was replaced by new signing Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa. Alan Pardew had hoped the influential Coloccini would be ready to return for Newcastle's trip to Swansea tomorrow.

However the back injury has not cleared and Coloccini could miss at least five games, including the club's two-legged Europa League tie with Anzhi Makhachkala. Pardew does at least have a direct replacement in Yanga-Mbiwa following the club's recruitment of five new players during the January transfer window.

be a bit ridiculous if he's out for 5 weeks because he got too fancy in his defending. That said not exactly the same level of crisis it would have been if it happened 6 weeks ago

Can't criticise him for that man :lol: