Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Is there evidence to back up your claims Ronaldo?

There's no evidence pointing to a different scenario and we know the story about his wife came directly from the club, obviously with his endorsement.

So none then?

There's a plethora and we all know it. He's off home, his wife isn't ill by all available accounts and he willingly allowed it to be reported that she was in an attempt to mitigate his departure.

Those are facts. Sorry.

So none then?

There's a plethora and we all know it. He's off home, his wife isn't ill by all available accounts and he willingly allowed it to be reported that she was in an attempt to mitigate his departure.

Those are facts. Sorry.

If what you're saying turned out to be true, I wouldn't be overly surprised - but you can't say that it's a 'fact'.

So none then?

Those are facts. Sorry.

?

Sticking with us through relegation = :thup:

Would he have gotten anywhere near the wages if he moved elsewhere =  :undecided:

I don't think his performances were nearly as bad as sometimes remembered but they certainly weren't going to have clubs desperately chasing him. We sold Bassong for £8m iirc, there is no way Ashley would have turned down that sort of offer for Colo at the time and I'm not sure Colo wouldn't have turned down Spurs if given the choice either.

So yeah, he stayed with us but whether he was receiving attractive offers is a different kettle of fish.

I'm not going to lie and pretend this would have ever come into my thoughts if this saga hadn't of happened btw.

Sure some Spanish teams were in for him? If he wanted to go, he could've done - as so many declared there wishes to leave after that Leyton Orient game.

He's been a credit to the club since we went down, until just recently. It's bitterly disappointing imo. I just think it's unprofessional and insensitive (again, that's based on my belief that he doesn't have a season-ending injury).

Wonder how much they were offering though, I bet it was a fraction of what we paid.

I appreciate what he has done for us up to January but I doubt there was any real option for him to leave anyway so in my head it's a moot point.

I recall his agent saying at the time there were clubs in Spain interested in him but there was no-one at the club to negotiate with.  (It was during the time Ashley and Llambias had cleared off and supposedly no decisions could be made because the club was up for sale).  I daresay wages would have been an issue as well.

Guest ItalianMagpie

Let's say he's in trouble cause he cheated on his wife (absolute stab in the dark) and she wants to leave him: I think in this case it would be very hard for anyone, captain or not captain, legend or not legend, to keep his heart at the club.

I'm not saying he's right to fuck off without even telling why and to maybe make up stories to ease himself out of the club, only I would understand him in a way, it would be a pretty difficult situation to deal with.

Plus, the club is somehow playing along with him so there must be something, I don't really see Fat Mike agreeing on losing money just because one of his most valuable (and highest paid) "assets" wants to go home :neutral:

I'm not gonna turn on him until I know for sure what he's actually done and why.

I wouldn't read much into it, imo. If watching the club you supported as a kid would gee you up, then go for it. Hatem goes back to Clairefontaine or Tunisia whenever he's injured, and that seems to be key when it comes to getting the best out of him. Always comes back in good spirits. Yes, Colo may be our captain, but everyone needs a short retreat to sort themselves out. I don't see why being a captain prevents him from having the same treatment.

San Lorenzo are shameless as f*** though for posting that. W*****s.

Honestly couldn't care less about this saga anymore. Thanks for your service, time to move on.

Yup, its really inevitable that he is leaving. I just have a lot of apathy about it, you get used to stuff like this following football. Sad about the way it has ended, but at least we have an England International defender now to make up for it.  :lol:

I just don't get why he bothered to sign a contract for so long..

Guest ItalianMagpie

I just don't get why he bothered to sign a contract for so long..

That confirms the theory that something unexpected came up.

Oh aye, I could just imagine what the reaction would have been on here had this cropped up and we hadn't given hun that contract. I've no doubt at all that people would have been blaming the club saying he's doing it because we didnt offer him what he wanted.

He should be singing the Blaydon races in the Gallowgate, not some foreign toss.

Aye would expect him to be at SJP supporting the team he Captains, not sure with his injusry a long flight to South America was a good idea anyway. What was the score in that game ? any more footage of  him if they scored ?

He should be singing the Blaydon races in the Gallowgate, not some foreign toss.

Aye would expect him to be at SJP supporting the team he Captains, not sure with his injusry a long flight to South America was a good idea anyway. What was the score in that game ? any more footage of  him if they scored ?

They won 1-0 away.