Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Flying to South America for a few days whilst injured seems crazy to me. unless we thought it had been going to be long term injury. I just though he could have waited until after the Derby to go home, feels more like his reason for going home did not work out how he had planned so he just came back.

:eDit.. just heard what Pards said

A mate told me he had heard something about Colo being until the New Year. Anyone heard owt?

Mackem rumour.

Aye

Awesome, so glad you were right.  Medal is in the post. Well done son, well fucking done.

:thup:

Aye.

The club, Pardew and Colo have done nothing wrong in the slightest. People just very quick to judge Pardew's man management, the club's lack of communication and Colo's commitment. Bit silly really but it's blown over now, hopefully he might be fit to make Sunday, great if so.

I hate Pardew but he does seem to be good (see that, I've used good without putting "no" in front of it) with the way he treats the players and it's probably his only positive.

Guest bimpy474

If he isn't fit to play will he be there anyway ?

Fans again given strange information, out for 8 weeks gone back to Argie, so the reactions that came from that were fair enough. Now it seems that info was untrue, great news lets hope he plays.

The reactions weren't fair enough, a lot were way over the top.

We're a football club, not a prison.  If a player is injured he has every right to go and spend time with his family, no matter where his family live.  I would much rather have a player, any player, at home with his family when injured rather than being thousands of miles away because we need to keep our players happy.  An injured player is useless to us so anything which gets them fit quicker should be done.

How would being in Argentina get him fitter than here?

He was treated there rather than make a 7000 miles journey on the plane, also giving him time to be with his family too.

Come on Ron, time to accept there was nothing in it mate.

Flying to South America for a few days whilst injured seems crazy to me. unless we thought it had been going to be long term injury. I just though he could have waited until after the Derby to go home, feels more like his reason for going home did not work out how he had planned so he just came back.

He was never in England after the injury ffs.

A mate told me he had heard something about Colo being until the New Year. Anyone heard owt?

Mackem rumour.

Aye

Awesome, so glad you were right.  Medal is in the post. Well done son, well f***ing done.

:thup:

Aye.

:lol:

They have medical facilities just like we have here, being with his family gives it the edge because he will have been happier and mentally in a better place.

If he isn't fit to play will he be there anyway ?

Fans again given strange information, out for 8 weeks gone back to Argie, so the reactions that came from that were fair enough. Now it seems that info was untrue, great news lets hope he plays.

The reactions weren't fair enough, a lot were way over the top.

We're a football club, not a prison.  If a player is injured he has every right to go and spend time with his family, no matter where his family live.  I would much rather have a player, any player, at home with his family when injured rather than being thousands of miles away because we need to keep our players happy.  An injured player is useless to us so anything which gets them fit quicker should be done.

He was treated there rather than make a 7000 miles journey on the plane, also giving him time to be with his family too.

Come on Ron, time to accept there was nothing in it mate.

I thought he'd been back here after the injury then flew back home?

Anyway, I'm glad if he's back. Hope he starts acting like a captain at some point.

What a load of bollocks.

Guest bimpy474

I thought he'd been back here after the injury then flew back home?

Anyway, I'm glad if he's back. Hope he starts acting like a captain at some point.

If you believe what Pardew just said on SSN (which I do), he never came back because we thought it was better to treat him there.

While I share your view on his form, this really was a storm over absolutely nothing.

They have medical facilities just like we have here, being with his family gives it the edge because he will have been happier and mentally in a better place.

No way there are any medical facilities in a corrupt third world banana republic like Argentina.

Guest bimpy474

No way there are any medical facilities in corrupt third world banana republic like Argentina.

:lol: I assume I missed the post this refers to.

What a load of bollocks.

:handbag:

I'm just surprised people started writing him off as a crock considering he's remained fairly free of injuries through most of his career. Fair enough he's getting older, but he's earned the benefit of the doubt surely?

No way there are any medical facilities in a corrupt third world banana republic like Argentina.

:lol: pata in with the petrol bomb.

I'm just surprised people started writing him off as a crock considering he's remained fairly free of injuries through most of his career. Fair enough he's getting older, but he's earned the benefit of the doubt surely?

I don't remember anyone calling him a crock. But he's had too many muscle injuries in the past year for it to be ignored.

Not only that but apparently he's shite now too. Couple of iffy games and IIRC Ron said we'll get 10-15 poor performances from him this season.

He's not a crock, he's not a shit player and he's not a shit captain.