Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

I honestly cannot see any difference between Colo twisting for a move back to Argentina for free and Cabaye's head being all over the place due to JFK leaking news of a bid from Arsenal.

Both equal imyjh

I think what Cabaye did was worse, Coloccini clearly has family problems and wanted away but accepts that he's staying with us.  I think he cares about the club but cares about his family more, just like most people would.

:thup:

Cabaye wanted selfishly a move to a 'bigger' club while Colo wanted to go home and try to solve his family problems and play for his local team (for most likely a lot smaller money). Big difference there IMO.

Today's not the day, as I said. You're happy with captains that try to do off with their club in big trouble 6 months into a new contract. I'm not. The end.

You might understand if you ever have your own wife and kids.

Players will always want to come or go depending on their prospects, whether that's to do with their family, home or career related. What is pretty funny though is when our N-O experts start writing them off based on lack of attributes they never had in the first place.

Today's not the day, as I said. You're happy with captains that try to do off with their club in big trouble 6 months into a new contract. I'm not. The end.

:lol: And a father who boasts to the press about him badly wanting to come home to play for his boyhood club. My heart bleeds.

Players will always want to come or go depending on their prospects, whether that's to do with their family, home or career related. What is pretty funny though is when our N-O experts start writing them off based on lack of attributes they never had in the first place.

:thup:

I have. if it was that important I'd rap the game in. it's not like he'll ever really need to work again.

Krul, Debuchy, Williamson, Santon, Tiote, Gouffran, Cabaye and Remy for me at the moment.

Anita, MYM, Colo and Sissoko all having a battle we can be thankful for because every one of them deserve to start but there aren't enough places. Then we have our most naturally gifted player who will hopefully force his way back into the 11 and be undroppable again.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Krul, Debuchy, Williamson, Santon, Tiote, Gouffran, Cabaye and Remy for me at the moment.

Anita, MYM, Colo and Sissoko all having a battle we can be thankful for because every one of them deserve to start but there aren't enough places. Then we have our most naturally gifted player who will hopefully force his way back into the 11 and be undroppable again.

I reckon he'll drop Gouffran for Hatem against Southampton

Guest BenArfa10

I reckon he'll drop Gouffran for Hatem against Southampton

Nah, no, no way will Gouffran be dropped. He is absolutely integral to how we've been playing recently. Team for me will be Krul, Debuchy, Willo, Colo, Santon, Ben Arfa, Sissoko, Tiote, Gouffran, Remy, Shola. The only thing other than that I can see happening is having Anita in middle with Tiote and siss, gouff on wings as usual to still give added protection to santon and debuchy.

I could see him considering Hatem in the middle in Cabaye's role so that Debuchy and Santon will continue to get cover from Sissoko and Gouffran respectively. It still allows our wide men to tuck in and play defense.

The alternative is he goes back to 4-4-2 at home and plays Tiote/Anita in the middle with Gouffran/Sissoko wide and Shola/Remy up top.

I could see him considering Hatem in the middle in Cabaye's role so that Debuchy and Santon will continue to get cover from Sissoko and Gouffran respectively. It still allows our wide men to tuck in and play defense.

The alternative is he goes back to 4-4-2 at home and plays Tiote/Anita in the middle with Gouffran/Sissoko wide and Shola/Remy up top.

Would like to see this. Cabaye played really high on the pitch against Man U and Benny looked good in the middle areas when he came on.

It's a disciplined formation in that it still maintains the core of the system and allows for us to keep possession and continue to give our full backs cover. It would be least damaging IMO to have HBA playing in a Cabaye role or hybrid up top with Remy. It requires the least of his tracking back. It means the onus will be on Anita/Tiote/Gouffran and Sissoko to continue their high work rate but Anita and Tiote are more inclined to sit than anyone else.