Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

I'm happy enough for him to stay providing he isn't first choice. It's one less gap to fill and he's still a good player on his day.

Not sure we'd be keeping a backup player on his wages, like, no matter who the manager is :laugh:

Ronaldo is going to punch something when he sees this.

Best inform the morgue, make sure they've got space for a body that has had its head punched right off it's shoulders.

Just imagine, a year and a half ago we'd have been delighted with this. If he gets back to form then I guess I'm happy but I doubt I could cope with Willoccini still being our CB pairing come August. MYM will be peddled after this for sure.

I was ready for him to leave and build a new defence around Mapou really. 

Odd thing to think seeing as it's been contrary to all evidence.

Well not entirely, Colo looked like he was off and Mapou is the natural successor. I was hoping Pardew just thought they couldn't play together.

Guest bimpy474

Ronaldo is going to punch something when he sees this.

A scouser?

Hopefully...

All Coloccini needs is a real manager who comes in, recognizes his quality and experience, and gives him a reputation to uphold as a seasoned Argentina international. Pardew being the arrogant tosser that he is has usurped any kind of leadership qualities from our squad because he thinks he's the be all and end all at NUFC. A good manager will spot that immediately, and give the players that confidence. We would see a totally different Coloccini to the one we've seen the past two seasons. IMO.

Mixed emotions about it really. Colo's still a top defender, but him and Mapou both need an imposing centre half alongside. Looks like we'll sell MYM then.

Another season of Willamson and Colo and 4-4-2 with MYM back in France by January at the latest.

Hard to see past this if Pardew is still here like. An unsolid defence couple with straight line football going forward, brilliant.

Personally think it's a good sign that pardew is off myself like

What's made you come to that conclusion?

The meeting with Ashley, the arguments with pards, then sudden change of heart. And just a hunch really

Can't see it myself like, I think we are stuck with Pardew regardless. As far as the board is concerned he's hit target and earnt himself a nice bonus.

In fact his case is stronger for even more oversight in their eyes

Personally think it's a good sign that pardew is off myself like

What's made you come to that conclusion?

The meeting with Ashley, the arguments with pards, then sudden change of heart. And just a hunch really

He met with Ashley?

I think he just fancies playing top flight football a bit longer before his inevitable return to his homeland.

I'm not reading into anything until Pardew is gone. Too much hope to be crushed if we start next season with him.