Leeds United 3-2 Newcastle United - FT

Skirge

It took him about five minutes of wondering after the final whistle to make up his mind to come over and give someone his shirt (which he eventually did). :lol: It was like he didn't believe it.

Guest cr4igora
There was one funny part at a corner/free-kick too, where people were chanting for Taylor to give us a wave (which he did) and that if he scored we'd be on the pitch. He was laughing his head off and gestured to us to stay back. :lol:

Brilliant!  ;D

Bit worried about Marveaux not being involved. Has he played any of the pre-season matches yet?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

There was one funny part at a corner/free-kick too, where people were chanting for Taylor to give us a wave (which he did) and that if he scored we'd be on the pitch. He was laughing his head off and gestured to us to stay back. :lol:

Brilliant!  ;D

Bit worried about Marveaux not being involved. Has he played any of the pre-season matches yet?

Yeah.

Guest CheickMansour

Cabaye was probably the pick of our players, and played the tackling/holding role rather than Gosling as some had expected before the game. Gosling was the one getting up and down the pitch, though he faded out of the game a lot.

Our defence was typically shaky without our best two players, just showing how much bother we're going to be in if Enrique leaves and Coloccini picks up injuries/suspensions. Taylor was a goal threat as usual but all over the place at the back, particularly first half. Williamson won a number of headers but the mistake for their second was pitiful, IIRC he did exactly the same last season and was punished in similar fashion. It's weird, because he's not normally one to take chances. Tavernier needs a season in the Championship, he has ability and the physique but is rash which is to be expected.

Krul is #1 in my book, barring one sharp save today I've still seen nothing to suggest Forster is better. Couldn't hear him either, despite being close.

Barton was a mixed bag, seemed to lose interest towards the end which was disappointing. We had played some decent stuff first half with him at the centre of it. Ba was promising IMO, could have had a couple of goals and caused them problems throughout. Vuckic and Sammy played well once they came on, as did Best who looked lively.

:thup: Good write-up.

Brilliant!  ;D

I think he has played a few, hopefully he is just been rested as he hasn't played a great deal for about 9 months IIRC.

Btw I don't want to worry anyone but both Cabaye and Ba took heavy knocks and stayed down for a couple of minutes. Both carried on after treatment but I wouldn't be surprised to see them rested for the next match.

Btw I don't want to worry anyone but both Cabaye and Ba took heavy knocks and stayed down for a couple of minutes. Both carried on after treatment but I wouldn't be surprised to see them rested for the next match.

Ah man catching a pre season breather is the only reason they stayed down, nowt to worry about.

Cabaye was probably the pick of our players, and played the tackling/holding role rather than Gosling as some had expected before the game. Gosling was the one getting up and down the pitch, though he faded out of the game a lot.

Our defence was typically shaky without our best two players, just showing how much bother we're going to be in if Enrique leaves and Coloccini picks up injuries/suspensions. Taylor was a goal threat as usual but all over the place at the back, particularly first half. Williamson won a number of headers but the mistake for their second was pitiful, IIRC he did exactly the same last season and was punished in similar fashion. It's weird, because he's not normally one to take chances. Tavernier needs a season in the Championship, he has ability and the physique but is rash which is to be expected.

Krul is #1 in my book, barring one sharp save today I've still seen nothing to suggest Forster is better. Couldn't hear him either, despite being close.

Barton was a mixed bag, seemed to lose interest towards the end which was disappointing. We had played some decent stuff first half with him at the centre of it. Ba was promising IMO, could have had a couple of goals and caused them problems throughout. Vuckic and Sammy played well once they came on, as did Best who looked lively.

Where abouts were you sat Dave? Were you down by the Leeds fans in the corner?

Where abouts were you sat Dave? Were you down by the Leeds fans in the corner?

Aye mate, kept getting told to sit down by that fat bloke with the handlebar tash. Oh, and the police were taking photos. :shifty:

Nah, was aware of it happening but dunno what that was all about. Probably for not sitting down, even though you couldn't see any action in that goal if you did.

Taking photos in case there was a pitch invasion or trouble, presumably.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Yeah.

Could you be less specific please?

Played two games- Orlando and Sporting Kansas.

Think you were on the row behind me then.

Did you see why that lad in the blue t-shirt got kicked out near the end?

What was the point in them taking photos of us like?

Dave's a top boy in the Gremlins. They have thousands of photos and minutes on video of him.

Guest hobshobs

Just seen the goals, probably would have been 2-0 to us if Krul had played.

Fraser Foster = The Shola Ameobi of goalkeepers

Now is the perfect time to offer Forster a new long term deal and farm him out on loan to the CCC or a recently promoted side. Let Harper die and see Krul play the majority of the season between the sticks.

Guest cr4igora
Now is the perfect time to offer Forster a new long term deal and farm him out on loan to the CCC or a recently promoted side. Let Harper die and see Krul play the majority of the season between the sticks.

Good plan.