Leeds United 3-2 Newcastle United - FT

Skirge

Simpson needs replacing at some point, like. Doubt it'll happen.

How about Raylor? Doesn't get worse than Simpson in defense, but Raylor is much better in attack.

Sweet Jesus. Have you ever seen Taylor's defending?

Simpson needs replacing at some point, like. Doubt it'll happen.

How about Raylor? Doesn't get worse than Simpson in defense, but Raylor is much better in attack.

Sweet Jesus. Have you ever seen Taylor's defending?

I know, but  is he really worse than Simpson?

Guest neesy111

Ryan Taylor is as much a defender as Mike Williamson is a winger.

Raylor's a decent set-piece taker. Every other aspect of his game is crap, absolutely crap.

:thup:

I was with an Arsenal fan today who went to the game yesterday and said they were pathetic, most of them didn't look like they could be arsed and didn't want to be there (special mention to Nasri).

Also reckons Nasri will be off on the last day of the transfer window "like always happens", so maybe we aren't the only fans who think players are going to be sold off at the last minute  :undecided:

Full expect a "Why do I give a fuck about Arsenal" response, was just interesting to hear another teams fan's pov.

Ryan Taylor is as much a defender as Mike Williamson is a winger.

Raylor's a decent set-piece taker. Every other aspect of his game is crap, absolutely crap.

:lol:

Maybe he has improved. He's stated that he's aiming for RB. We have nothing to lose. Simpson is utter shit BOTH ways.

NUFCAaron7 NUFCAARON

@

@LeeRobson23 @predemption @dannysimpson12 If Danny didnt constantly back away from attackers he would be a decent RB.

@dannysimpson12

Danny Simpson

@NUFCAaron7 number 1 rule, don't dive in!

Ha, fair enough. How about a happy medium.

For fucks sake, this Simpson shit is bordering on ridiculous like. The lad is average aye, but people are as usual going way over the top with their criticism of him. He did far more good than bad last season. He does back off at times when he shouldn't, but he frequently gets slated for backing off when he has sound reason to do so.

Not sure if this is the right thread to bring it up in but I honestly think we'll struggle this season. Relegation? I doubt it, but we'll be there or thereabouts the lower quater of the table for me like.

Depends on many factors to me tbh. Will we sign another one or two decent players?

But more important than that is for me that the morale of the team stays high. Last season it did because we had those players like Nolan and Barton who did that job.

This season, we're without Nolan, much discussed topic and by now even I agree that, selling Nolan and replacing him with someone better, shows that we're moving on (quality wise).

Still, there were people laughing at me (and others who were saying the same) as I've said that, last season, the morale in the team was a big factor in us staying up and could be the difference next season as soon as we hit a bad run of results.

For fucks sake, this Simpson shit is bordering on ridiculous like. The lad is average aye, but people are as usual going way over the top with their criticism of him. He did far more good than bad last season. He does back off at times when he shouldn't, but he frequently gets slated for backing off when he has sound reason to do so.

There's a middle way. You don't invite the opponent inside your own box. He has done that many times. At a certain point you must stand up. And his technique is rubbish. We need a rb who is capable of attacking.

Shows we need a RB if Simpson really did say that.

Aye there's nothing like committing to a challange, leaving a huge space for the attacker to run in to.

The problem is that Simpson backs off ALL THE WAY.

For f***s sake, this Simpson s*** is bordering on ridiculous like. The lad is average aye, but people are as usual going way over the top with their criticism of him. He did far more good than bad last season. He does back off at times when he shouldn't, but he frequently gets slated for backing off when he has sound reason to do so.

There's a middle way. You don't invite the opponent inside your own box. He has done that many times. At a certain point you must stand up. And his technique is rubbish. We need a rb who is capable of attacking.

The only occasion I can recall him doing that last season was Spurs, and even then Williamson didn't cover himself in glory.

Aye there's nothing like committing to a challange, leaving a huge space for the attacker to run in to.

There's nothing like putting no pressure on the player and allowing him to do almost entirely what he wants?

The problem is that Simpson backs off ALL THE WAY.

If that was the case we'd off conceded many more goals than we did last term. He does back off when he shouldn't at times but as usual on this forum hyperbole is the order of the day.