Leeds United 3-2 Newcastle United - FT

Skirge

Christ, just seen the goals. :lol:

I know I have tried to say in the past the Celtic fans were far from universally praising the guy after last season, but you have to feel for Foster a bit. He's not as bad as he's making himself look pre-season.

Christ, just seen the goals. :lol:

I know I have tried to say in the past the Celtic fans were far from universally praising the guy after last season, but you have to feel for Foster a bit. He's not as bad as he's making himself look pre-season.

He looks huge but that first goal was a joke, personally i think Krul HAS to be our No.1 next season.

As for Williamson i never really rated him as high as people on here do. think he's ok but nothing special and would much rather play Taylor instead, today's mistake was pretty bad and he did a similar one in the league last season.

Vuckic's reactions to the fans celebrating his goal and at full time was a bit weird, seemed a little overwhelmed by it all. Nice to see a bit of humility. :)

Aye, proper strange :lol:

It was like he saw a long lost friend in the crowd.

Btw, some Leeds fellow in the wetherspoons on Park row was giving out cards for a Newcastle forum: www.n-u-t-z.net/forum , i would get him telt Dave, stepping on your patch.

Vuckic's reactions to the fans celebrating his goal and at full time was a bit weird, seemed a little overwhelmed by it all. Nice to see a bit of humility. :)

Btw, some Leeds fellow in the wetherspoons on Park row was giving out cards for a Newcastle forum: www.n-u-t-z.net/forum , i would get him telt Dave, stepping on your patch.

I think that's the forum that True Faith recently decided to endorse.

We humped it to Ameobi and hoped Gosling got a knock down on plenty of occasions, yes.

I'm sure a West Ham fan that someone knew (might have been HTT) said that Pardew had this weird knack of playing carpet football one week and then inexplicably reverting to hoofball the following week for absolutely no reason.

Assuming it was the same bloke, he was on our row and gave me one of those cards as he passed. I considered the irony, but didn't say anything.

Should have kicked his face off.

Or said "Do you know who I am!?" In true footballer/footballers wife fashion.

:mysterysolved: He said in his interview on nutv that his family were there and after the goal he was looking for them but couldn't find them.

:mysterysolved: He said in his interview on nutv that his family were there and after the goal he was looking for them but couldn't find them.

Makes sense because it really looked like he was trying to find someone in the crowd.

Btw there was absolutely no hint of any different style of play today. None.

Was saying the same to a friend today.  There was no evidenceof the promised improved style of play to get us off our seats.

Guest cr4igora

Btw, some Leeds fellow in the wetherspoons on Park row was giving out cards for a Newcastle forum: www.n-u-t-z.net/forum , i would get him telt Dave, stepping on your patch

That is one terrible-looking website.

Now is the perfect time to offer Forster a new long term deal and farm him out on loan to the CCC or a recently promoted side. Let Harper die and see Krul play the majority of the season between the sticks.

Good plan.

TBF, I was thinking of letting Harper's contract expire then moving him onto the coaching roster.  Letting him suffer death seems a bit harsh.

Being unable to play anything near our best team at any point in pre-season is probably a large reason behind that. Really hope we don't go to the US again next year.

Is that just because of the visa issues? or something else?

Guest BooBoo

Only fair to say that after a trashing tour of the States, our players are still recovering from the demanding schedule and minor jet lag that such a tour would produce.

Just got in (had a weekend long trip in Leeds) and the result is a fair one tbh.

Defensively, we were poor. The goal aside, Saylor had a stinker tbh; Tavernier looked shaky (to be expected with this lack of experience really); Williamson and Simpson were meh. We're screwed if Jose does go and if Ferguson is out of action for the considerable future. We missed Coloccini today massively.

In midfield, Cabaye was our best player. Some good tracking back and precise passing which was good to see. Vuckic was brilliant when he came on - was always looking for the ball, took his goal well and almost got an assist for Barton/Best. Barton, Jonas should have done better. Gosling was quiet as well.

Up front, Ba was bright and did well to get the ball into the position where we scored our second goal from. Best played decent enough when he came on I thought. Sammy - good pace and does have a good left foot (when he shoots anyway, couldn't cross today!), just needs a lot more experience. And last but not least Shola - played like his usual self.

Though now I'm honestly quite worried about our current situation. There were big flaws in all of areas of the pitch for us today and I really hope next week's game goes well though I'm not massively confident about that.

We need a left back and a striker! (Or put Vuckic in the hole behind Ba).

What I've said has probably already been said but thought I'd offer my honest thoughts about today too.

Forster - 3 - Poor showing. Calamitous first and lacked a commanding edge.

Simpson - 4 - Off the boil.

Williamson - 5 - Did alright bar the goal, too weak.

Taylor - 6 - Looked off the pace for much of the game, redeemed himself slightly with the goal.

Tavernier - 5.5 - Had some promising moments and a couple of really dodgy ones, has potential

Barton - 5 - Really unimpressed, passing was woeful.

Cabaye - 7 - The pick of the bunch, classy footballer and a good tackler. He looks committed. Shame he was used so defensively, will cause damage with his vision higher up the pitch.

Gosling - 5 - Tidy when in possession but couldn't get into the game enough.

Jonas - 5 - Some good play but overall, poor.

Ba - 6 - Did well for our 2nd. Made a lot of good runs, that went completely unnoticed and had some great link up play. His touch was a bit hit and miss and we used him as a target man far too much but in the main, he looked bright and useful. Need to use him in the right way though.

Ameobi - 4.5 - Not great at all.

Taylor - 5.5 - Did alright.

Vuckic - 7 - Looked composed and intelligent.

SAmeobi - 6 - Has potential but looked a little indecisive, which is natural.

Best - 6 - Put himself about and had some great touches. Works better with Ba than Ameobi does.

We were far too impatient and sloppy today. Barton and Gosling continually avoided good options by hoofing it to Shola and hoping Ba would run on. Cabaye was free a lot of these times and it would have been a lot more productive to keep it simple and not rush. We were lacking overall but that was to be expected with a weakened line up.