NUFC 0 - 0 Fiorentina - 6/8/11 - game abandoned on 64mins due to heavy rain

Skirge

They shouldnt have gone after the plates of s**** the club have served up this summer. As fans who have shelled out on season tickets we have been fed lie after lie. No investment, profit on summer deals, Carroll money untouched- it's an absolute disgrace man! After all that, for people to then blithely roll up and cough another £20 into the clubs coffers? Ludicrous, the ground should have been empty. I'll sympathise with families who went to take the kids but in general, people should have known better.

12,000 people turning up today is evidence, if ever it were needed, that NUFC as a fanbase will never be able to stand up collectively, say 'no more' and boycott games to get rid of this lot.

Too many people simply don't have the willpower to avoid going to the game, and I include myself in that.

and thank god for that. You might think it's worth us plummeting down the table on the off chance Ashley would sell up but I think I''ll take things as they are if that's your alternative.

How did you get any of that from what he said?

Organised boycotts would make Newcastle football club a pretty unhappy place IMO, not just for fans but players and staff as well. If Ashley's investing too little now, he wouldn't put anything at all in if customers stopped turning up. I just think things could go downhill very quickly.

The club appears to be a black hole of misery at present, both on and off the pitch. If we don't sign some good first team players and also lose our first 2 games it'll be even worse than now and that'll be nothing to do with the fans not going to matches.

So you think there should be organised boycotts?

Never said there should be. You think we'd plummet down the table if there was and that's nonsense. The fans cannot be blamed for the situation we're in.

You might think it's nonsense but I think a sour atmosphere would filter down and and have an effect at all levels. It would make the club an unappealing prospect for new players for just one example. I could give you plenty more but it's just my opinion so if you don't agree that's fine.

The atmosphere isn't far away from being sour without the need for boycotts. Again, nothing to do with the fans. We haven't even been to a match for 3 months.

It was not a bad turn out really at the price in that weather, you see Cabaye feeling the love though.. got warm appluase for great work.

impressed with him, as was everyone else.

cheers skirge. encouraging :thup:

Class: Krul, Cabaye, Coloccini

Good: Best, Vuckic, Enrique

Areet: Simpson, Gutierrez, Ba, Marveaux, Gosling

Crap: Shola, S.Taylor, Forster

Abysmal: Lovenkrands

Forster's kicking was shit, absolutely woeful.

Best good ?

hmm finishing of a blind man.. Thought Jonas was good

Besy good ?

hmm finishing of a blind man.. Thought Jonas was good

The early miss was pretty bad and the other chance was the ball sticking on the pitch, but that aside he was magnificent in general play. He hardly wasted a pass or touch all game.

Had the time of my life today.

Bet you did! I was just watching you running around the outside of the pitch and dancing. Very funny :lol:

A few Ashley chants from a congregation in the Gallowgate Middle during the first 5 minutes followed by 60 minutes of s*** basically

They shouldnt have gone after the plates of s**** the club have served up this summer. As fans who have shelled out on season tickets we have been fed lie after lie. No investment, profit on summer deals, Carroll money untouched- it's an absolute disgrace man! After all that, for people to then blithely roll up and cough another £20 into the clubs coffers? Ludicrous, the ground should have been empty. I'll sympathise with families who went to take the kids but in general, people should have known better.

12,000 people turning up today is evidence, if ever it were needed, that NUFC as a fanbase will never be able to stand up collectively, say 'no more' and boycott games to get rid of this lot.

Too many people simply don't have the willpower to avoid going to the game, and I include myself in that.

and thank god for that. You might think it's worth us plummeting down the table on the off chance Ashley would sell up but I think I''ll take things as they are if that's your alternative.

Organised boycotts would make Newcastle football club a pretty unhappy place IMO, not just for fans but players and staff as well. If Ashley's investing too little now, he wouldn't put anything at all in if customers stopped turning up. I just think things could go downhill very quickly.

The club appears to be a black hole of misery at present, both on and off the pitch. If we don't sign some good first team players and also lose our first 2 games it'll be even worse than now and that'll be nothing to do with the fans not going to matches.

I've read it all now.

"Everything is peachy. Nothing to see here!"

Ian W, 2011.

You seem to be equating NO forum with the club Jack, keep up like that and you'll be right up there with Neesy despite your unforgettable first post

A steward told me on the way out that there'd be an announcement in 'the paper' tomorrow about whether there'd be refunds or not. I know the Premier League rule is 60+ minutes = no refund, so I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if people get nothing back.

A steward told me on the way out that there'd be an announcement in 'the paper' tomorrow about whether there'd be refunds or not. I know the Premier League rule is 60+ minutes = no refund, so I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if people get nothing back.

I think the tickets should be allowed to be used for and if we get a Home Carling Cup tie

Which is a stupid rule anyway. You pay for a ticket to see a full match, not at least 60 minutes of one.

Less to do with the shambolic summer and more to do with the ridiculous £20 ticket prices. If that had been halved you would have got 3 times as many in.

£20 had nothing to do with me and my family members not going, the shambolic summer did.

its was both the cost and the shambolic summer that made my mind up to give it a miss,  much preferred giving my money to Darlo, Gateshead and Ashington this pre-season even though all 3 games were poor.

I've read it all now.

"Everything is peachy. Nothing to see here!"

Ian W, 2011.

You seem to be equating NO forum with the club Jack, keep up like that and you'll be right up there with Neesy despite your unforgettable first post

Both Barton and Enrique are deeply unhappy and trying to leave and Coloccini doesn't appear to be too happy based on Pardew's newest quotes. 3 of our best/most influential players there. Plus the dressing room arguments at Leeds and whatever happened in America. I have no faith in Pardew keeping everything under control either. Constantly killed team spirit at his other clubs.

(If the club are at fault for the Tiote thing then I can't see him being too happy either)

Guest BooBoo

Would have been nice for Ba to have done anything this summer.

I'm not too concerned as Carroll didn't have a great pre season last summer and went on to start the season on fire. So much depends on Ba doing well though this season. He's an absolutely pivotal player for us.

Guest Recoba

Krul was class. Jonas and Enrique good too. Best worked hard.

Cabaye looked like a leader, reminded me a bit of Barton.

Ba looked more slight than I expected.  Thought he would look bigger but is less well built than Shola.  Ba looked lively though.

Difficult to judge overall due to conditions.

Krul, Cabaye and Colo were class, Lovenkrands was again out of his depth - metaphorically and literally. The rest played OK. Enrique was a real mixture. More than his usual quota of mis-placed passes but a couple of moments of real class. Clearly not happy. Shola and Ba had a much stronger feel to them in the 20 mins we saw in the second half. RW slot was held by Lovenkrands and Raylor so lets hope something happens with Barton and/or Oberton.

Other thing to note is that we played 4411 / 442 and not the much anticipated 433.

Guest helios_centric

I was at an abandoned match at home in 76/77 , cannot recall who it was against and there was one against Boro I think when Jim Smith was manager. The Boro one was abandoned because of a waterlogged pitch and loads of standing water.

I think the tickets should be allowed to be used for and if we get a Home Carling Cup tie

Good Call!