Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

Whats with all the negativity? He must have shown something for man united to have signed him and not being able to break into their first team does not make him ' bobbins'. He sounds like an upgrade on routledge and his arrival makes it less likely we will see lovenkrands or taylor on the right. Who exactly do some of you expect us to sign? Lennon, walcott, young?

He reminds me alot of Taraabt when he was at Spurs, he then excelled after regular football.

I'd contest that, maybe KingDawson can confirm, but in the brief appearances he made he looked just as good as he did at QPR.

Just going of what i have seen.

Guest Heneage

He reminds me alot of Taraabt when he was at Spurs, he then excelled after regular football.

I'd contest that, maybe KingDawson can confirm, but in the brief appearances he made he looked just as good as he did at QPR.

He looked terrible at Spurs.  Greedy, no positional sense etc. 

Weird. Guess KD will know best.

Pushes Lovenkrands away from the first team at least?

He's not a striker.

Hailed as the new Thierry Henry, the Frenchman primarily plays as a striker but can also play in the midfield on either wing with his biggest threat his searing speed.

From 2009 when Man U were about to sign him.

The only similarity he has to Henry is that he looks like one of his testies

Wrong, he also wears football boots :)

Whats with all the negativity? He must have shown something for man united to have signed him and not being able to break into their first team does not make him ' bobbins'. He sounds like an upgrade on routledge and his arrival makes it less likely we will see lovenkrands or taylor on the right. Who exactly do some of you expect us to sign? Lennon, walcott, young?

Urgh..

Barnetta.

:lol:

Ha! Yeah right!

And so they decided to sell him to a Championship club for less than a million pounds.

Sure dude. Makes perfect sense!

Like Smith?

Like Smith?

broken leg...

Like Smith?

Djemba-Djemba

Like Smith?

Like Rossi?

taxfree why do you come across like a spoilt child every time we are linked to someone? Plenty have aired their dissatisfaction but for some reason every time you post I picture this kid face down on the floor smashing his hands and feet into the ground :lol:

Like Smith?

The broken leg turned him turbo shit.

Pushes Lovenkrands away from the first team at least?

He's not a striker.

Hailed as the new Thierry Henry, the Frenchman primarily plays as a striker but can also play in the midfield on either wing with his biggest threat his searing speed.

From 2009 when Man U were about to sign him.

That means we can write off any deal for another striker or winger then.

taxfree why do you come across like a spoilt child every time we are linked to someone? Plenty have aired their dissatisfaction but for some reason every time you post I picture this kid face down on the floor smashing his hands and feet into the ground :lol:

I don't like my club being linked to/buying s*** players. Especially not in these days when we for sure know how cheap Ashley is. I'm not going to sugar coat anything. Also, I don't understand all this, "Hey, at least he's a new body". We have enough mediocre/shitty players. We need to buy some quality ones with the little money Ashley sanctions.

Guest Heneage

Ha! Yeah right!

And so they decided to sell him to a Championship club for less than a million pounds.

That's massively misleading because they put a huge clause in there for the sell on. Nigh half I think.

He seemed the same as at QPR on occasion ball greedy, but good close control. Like I say I can only remember 2 games for Spurs (West Ham & Chelsea away).

Ha! Yeah right!

That's massively misleading because they put a huge clause in there for the sell on. Nigh half I think.

He seemed the same as at QPR on occasion ball greedy, but good close control. Like I say I can only remember 2 games for Spurs (West Ham & Chelsea away).

Most clubs put in sell on clauses in young players contracts.