Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

Bit overly negative on here like. I for one am pleased we're signing players of a decent level of potential rather than relying on the reputations of has beens like Campbell and the likes of the relegation crowd. He's much better than the standard of cover we have at worst.

Guest Antec

Bit overly negative on here like. I for one am pleased we're signing players of a decent level of potential rather than relying on the reputations of has beens like Campbell and the likes of the relegation crowd. He's much better than the standard of cover we have at worst.

If he keeps Ryan Taylor away from the right wing then its all good

Why do people keep saying he must be shit if Fergie doesn't want him? He has Giggs, Valencia, Young, Park and Nani ahead of him. Also didn't someone say Obertan wanted to leave in January to get more games?

This seems more of a Pique, Rossi transfer (ie young but not good enough for a first team place yet) than a Butt, Smith, Brown, O'Shea transfer (ie no longer good enough).

To me anyway.

Why do people keep saying he must be shit if Fergie doesn't want him? He has Giggs, Valencia, Young, Park and Nani ahead of him. Also didn't someone say Obertan wanted to leave in January to get more games?

This seems more of a Pique, Rossi transfer (ie young but not good enough for a first team place yet) than a Butt, Smith, Brown, O'Shea transfer (ie no longer good enough).

To me anyway.

No reason on earth he can't be decent in the PL.

The tune will soon change if he playes well for half a dozen games.

Guest Roger Kint

Just look at the state of our squad players. And folk are actually unhappy about this? Incredible.

This.

And what cajun said as well.

I don't think it's that people think he's necessarily a bad player, more upset that he's a cheap option. I'd be happy with him tbh, extra squad depth and he does have potential.

Should have bid 20mill for him instead of 3mill

Guest Antec

If he keeps Ryan Taylor away from the right wing then its all good

Add Guthrie to that as well

I'm annoyed about it because if we're only getting in 2 more players and he's one of them, then I'm not happy. If we sign 2 players in addition to him (of a certain quality) then I will be pleased to have squad depth.

Not disagreeing with you there but what are people expecting, forking out 15-20 million on the likes of Aaron Lennon/20 million striker? Don't jump on us for that example either. Just curious to gauge opinion of people thinking this is underwhelming.

Not disagreeing with you there but what are people expecting, forking out 15-20 million on the likes of Aaron Lennon/20 million striker? Don't jump on us for that example either. Just curious to gauge opinion of people thinking this is underwhelming.

How about 6-7 for Barnetta. We should be expecting a lot more tbh.

I don't think it's that people think he's necessarily a bad player, more upset that he's a cheap option. I'd be happy with him tbh, extra squad depth and he does have potential.

Should have bid 20mill for him instead of 3mill

What a load of bollocks that's not what he was saying.

To be clear.....should have bought a player worth £20 mill or at least a couple worth £10 mill. Rather than the typical cheap option.

Well I suppose N'Zogbia would have pleased a lot of people, and he would have cost about £6.5m more for a proven premiership player.

And then a decent striker (£10m approx)..

Worth pointing out that there's now more people moaning about people moaning than there is people moaning.

Well there's only so many looneys prepared to moan about buying a player who'd improve our squad :)

It's not even that this potential signing is particularly underwhelming (although I've not been overly impressed on the admittedly rare occasions I've seen him play but hope that's down to a lack of chances at Old Trafford rather than potential ability), it's the frustrating fact that we've needed at least two quality centre forwards since January yet here we are a week before the start of the season and we're still waiting.

Whether he wanted to come here or not via fake/real agent the signs weren't positive on Barnetta. N'zogbia was never going to come here either. He's a marked improvement to the squad provided it happens. I'd have preferred Barnetta probably but it's looking more positive that a day from Pardew stating publicly that players are needed we've seen some positive movement for once, albeit quite late in the day. LB and striking options worry me more though 'Pards'  :bluestar: