Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

Planning etc where his next move will go according to positioning of defenders will come with time. Give him some slack to gain experience and the pace of the game contra the united reserves will come and he will rip more left backs then Evra to shreds. He got awfull lot off skills in his locker and they will come good. Once he starts using everything right in the manner of PL he will be a valuable asset to the team.

Thought he did alright. We have actually missed his presence on the wing. Some good runs like.

Didn't do much in the second half but that's to be expected after just coming back from injury I guess....

Thought he was quite effective in our first half performance tbh. Coming back to OT, he could have easily bottled it but didn't. In the grand scheme of things he still hasn't played enough first team games to be totally immersed in his position out wide on the right. The important thing is that Pardew continue to persevere with him in training to improve his decision-making which is clearly the weakest part of his game.

Thought he did well first half at the weekend. Reckon with time he could be a decent player for us. We've seen the difference confidence can make to a player like Guthrie and I think it'll be the same with Obertan.

Really poor.

Watch a replay of the penalty. Drogba spins around the outside in case of a rebound and Obertan is oblivious to it. On top of that he doesn't move at all. Sums him up as a footballer - dumb and lazy without the ball.

Really beginning to piss me off how he prefers to just dance with the ball at the touchline rather than attempt to do anything with it. It's as if he's so scared he's praying for two defenders to come and claim the ball off him so he doesn't have to attempt anything. And as I just said in the match thread, when he had an open view for a cross, he decided he wanted it along the ground and straight to a Chelsea player, or switch it to the opposite flank for a throw in.

Guest Howaythetoon

Awful player and shocking performance. Weak as piss and no heart, we were playing with ten men at times with this plonker.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Awful player and shocking performance. Weak as piss and no heart, we were playing with ten men at times with this plonker.

Bad game, not a bad player, as demonstrated this season.