Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Last time he scored was against a s*** Blackburn side. That's the pattern. He'll return to complete anonymity before long.

A s*** Blackburn team that still played us off the park :lol:

Anthony Modeste missed at least 4 sitters that game, one of the worst strikers performances i've seen in my life.

At this moment in time, he is the only player providing that bit of magic or trickery to open up the oppositions defense. Yes, he is still infuriating to watch at times, but he is the least of our problems at this moment in time. Gouffran and colback for example, have provided fuck all, despite starting regularly.

At this moment in time, he is the only player providing that bit of magic or trickery to open up the oppositions defense. Yes, he is still infuriating to watch at times, but he is the least of our problems at this moment in time. Gouffran and colback for example, have provided fuck all, despite starting regularly.

Precisely.

Kid plays well for a couple of games, creates a goal last time out and scores a winner this time and yet still the negativity on here about him is raging.

Gouffran was awful yesterday but will still start against Spurs.

At this moment in time, he is the only player providing that bit of magic or trickery to open up the oppositions defense. Yes, he is still infuriating to watch at times, but he is the least of our problems at this moment in time. Gouffran and colback for example, have provided f*** all, despite starting regularly.

Have to agree with this. He's still an absolutely awful footballer imo. Some of the decisions he makes on the pitch are horrendous. Then again, everyone in our team makes horrendous decision. Definitely our best player yesterday for the 20-25 mins I watched of the game until I was bored to death.

It's up to the manager to play inform players no matter who they are whilst dropping more favoured ones when they are off the boil. It's something Pardew has never really got right unless it's a striker, but the results are easier to see when a striker is on form as you get goals.

Obertan does deserve a run out, it's a good sign to the rest of the squad that places can be hah should you take your chance when you get it. Problem will be when he doesn't play well and Pardew plays him no matter what (see goof)

Precisely.

Kid plays well for a couple of games, creates a goal last time out and scores a winner this time and yet still the negativity on here about him is raging.

Yeah that pisses me off too gouffran has done zero since his boyfriend left to go to PSG and obertan gets shit loads of abuse but he is our most influential player atm  :idiot2:

It's up to the manager to play inform players no matter who they are whilst dropping more favoured ones when they are off the boil. It's something Pardew has never really got right unless it's a striker, but the results are easier to see when a striker is on form as you get goals.

Obertan does deserve a run out, it's a good sign to the rest of the squad that places can be hah should you take your chance when you get it. Problem will be when he doesn't play well and Pardew plays him no matter what (see goof)

You're giving him too much credit I think. He's only playing because there's nobody else, due to Cabella being the latest scapegoat. Obertan and Ameobi are all that's left in the "fret" department and 1 is injured.

Precisely.

Negativity. :lol:

What you're demanding is that people be fickle with their opinions.

You're giving him too much credit I think. He's only playing because there's nobody else, due to Cabella being the latest scapegoat. Obertan and Ameobi are all that's left in the "fret" department and 1 is injured.

Cabella has been nothing short of awful, sammy has looked good and for me another player who deserves to win a spot. Obertan's form won't last long if at all, it never does, take the opportunity to milk it and show the players everyone has a chance to play...then its back on the bench/reserves when the pressure gets too much to him.

Cabella just hasn't clicked yet, no point playing him till he's up to speed and making a difference as all we are doing right now is ruining his confidence. Price tag doesn't matter. playing him every game just because he was bought as a 1st team player isn't going to help when he's struggling to make an impact (for whatever reason)

Cabella has been nothing short of awful, sammy has looked good and for me another player who deserves to win a spot. Obertan's form won't last long if at all, it never does, take the opportunity to milk it and show the players everyone has a chance to play...then its back on the bench/reserves when the pressure gets too much to him.

Cabella just hasn't clicked yet, no point playing him till he's up to speed and making a difference as all we are doing right now is ruining his confidence. Price tag doesn't matter. playing him every game just because he was bought as a 1st team player isn't going to help when he's struggling to make an impact (for whatever reason)

He has undoubtedly been shit, but playing him for only 1 minute in the last 2 games won't help him. He should have been right back in after Swansea to try and help Cisse keep his goals coming (at home vs Leicester) imo because if you don't play him yesterday you don't play him at all. If he starts against Tottenham he'll not see the ball and will end up back on the bench.

The reason Cabella has been dropped is because he's played fucking horribly in most games he's played not because he's been made a scapegoat

The reason Cabella has been dropped is because he's played fucking horribly in most games he's played not because he's been made a scapegoat

Who hasn't played horribly in most games?

Obertan, Tiote, Cisse, Janmaat, Aarons, Perez anyway. Look I hate Pardew as much as anyone but on form Obertan had to start ahead of Cabella. Obviously Gouffran shouldn't be starting but I think if we had Cristiano Ronaldo available Gouffran would still start ahead of him on the left wing

pardew just got lucky as he's want to do from time to time, had obertan not scored that out of very little on his own and we'd not won he'd have been rightly vilified by everyone for the decision to place his entire strategy on a man who is a proven failure at PL level and was told to find another club in summer

it's just a ticking clock, when we lose the next 3 on the bounce he'll be hanging obertan out to dry as well

Guest firetotheworks

Credit where credit's due, none from me, you're still an absolute coward of a player and would be nowhere near this squad if we had a decent manager.

Obertan, Tiote, Cisse, Janmaat, Aarons, Perez anyway. Look I hate Pardew as much as anyone but on form Obertan had to start ahead of Cabella. Obviously Gouffran shouldn't be starting but I think if we had Cristiano Ronaldo available Gouffran would still start ahead of him on the left wing

How is Cabella supposed to get used to the league then?

Well if you're Pardew and you haven't won a game in the league are you going to start a guy who needs to get used to the league who probably won't play well or somebody who is in decent form

pardew just got lucky as he's want to do from time to time, had obertan not scored that out of very little on his own and we'd not won he'd have been rightly vilified by everyone for the decision to place his entire strategy on a man who is a proven failure at PL level and was told to find another club in summer

it's just a ticking clock, when we lose the next 3 on the bounce he'll be hanging obertan out to dry as well

This pretty much. He did okay and took his goal well, but there are two major issues for me with him as a wide player. Despite that goal yesterday his shooting is generally feeble so he's not going to provide many goals. Secondly, he doesn't seem to be able to lift the ball when he's crossing into the penalty box. While the ball being rolled back across the area is not a bad option, a wide player should be able to put in a few decent crosses that the striker can have a go at heading in as well. His best attribute seems to be bringing the ball out and running with it like for the first chance that Coloccini missed.

Guest firetotheworks

You're talking about Alan Pardew ffs.

Rational logic would tell you that everything would be different anyway without having to resort to the 'decent form' of Gabriel fucking Obertan.

How is Cabella supposed to get used to the league then?

Well if you're Pardew and you haven't won a game in the league are you going to start a guy who needs to get used to the league who probably won't play well or somebody who is in decent form

Or kept the players who were used to the fucking league and could have us pushing the top ten places. Oh right, loan those lazy cunts out as they don't put in a 'tacko.'