Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

Didn't watch the game but from MOTD he did superb for Cisse's goal got his head up and looked then picked Cisse out.

Good to see him looking like he is learning.

he's never a hit the by-line and swing a cross in type player and our movement in the middle is atrocious. he'll look a much better player with movement to aim for instead of playing percentage balls into the box.

on this subject the QPR game was a classic example where fans were complaining of poor balls into the box forgetting that with the lack of positioning and movement we need eye of needle type passes instead of getting to decent positions.

Probably the best 90 mins I've seen from him since he arrived. If only he would use his pace to get behind the defence more often. He only did it once even today, and we scored from it.

He did do it once after, I only remember because it still shocks me when he does it.

That's the first time I've seen him start in the premier league and look anything over than useless.

An improvement :thup:

His defending was like that of a school kid.

Yep, but he did carry a threat when attacking and got an assist, for the second game running.

Another somewhat promising (attacking) performance from him. Looks like he's more suited to LW than RW which I think is down to him having less thinking time on the left. Just guessing there but in any case, we're seeing more positives from Obertan these days.

Another somewhat promising (attacking) performance from him. Looks like he's more suited to LW than RW which I think is down to him having less thinking time on the left. Just guessing there but in any case, we're seeing more positives from Obertan these days.

He definitely tries to use his pace more which should have been a given but I'm glad someone has finally got through that gigantic head.

That's the first time I've seen him start in the premier league and look anything over than useless.

An improvement :thup:

His defending was like that of a school kid.

He's not a defensive player, to be fair to him. Wonder what Tiote's excuse will be.

He has some really awesome touches on the ball.  A really good first touch and at times very creative with his use of the ball.  I love to see that kind of flair because it means the player has some confidence in himself which will usually go a long way.