Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

Does make you wonder why Routledge had to leave before we could sign him mind. It was always extremely likely he'd find a club so why not just get Obertan in earlier anyway?!

Unless of course this was actually an opportunistic signing and he's bullshitting....

Does make you wonder why Routledge had to leave before we could sign him mind. It was always extremely likely he'd find a club so why not just get Obertan in earlier anyway?!

Unless of course this was actually an opportunistic signing and he's bullshitting....

The wage bill being the stumbling block, and pards doesn't want to eat into his transfer budget offsetting wages. Can see ashley digging his heels in on this one. This erik the leftback rumours suggest Enrique is very close to leaving.

"I contacted Sir Alex about him early at the start of the summer to see if there was an opportunity to bring him to Newcastle, but it wasn't until Wayne Routledge joined Swansea that we were able to bring him in."

Backs up everything that we are hearing about there being money for the striker available, but in other positions, wages need to be shifted before we can bring in players. Not a bad thing necessarily.

Pretty happy with this signing. We now have 3 or 4 players with genuine pace (Obertan, Marveaux, HBA, and Jonas), which will change to way we play dramatically in my opinion. Good luck to the lad.

:thup:

Guest Antec

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/9f/The_Mekon.png

Doesn't look at all happy, probably coz his head has turned green I'd imagine

Five-year deal.

:facepalm:

lolwut?

Five-year deal for a player that has proven little, if anything.

:lol: So should we offer all new unproven signings shorter deals? I'm sure Ben Arfa would have loved a two year contract. Same with Enrique when we signed him, if only we'd have offered him a three year contract.

Good news, particularly if Pardew is telling the truth about fancying him for some time (including this summer).

It has to be said that the opinion from Man Utd fans was very mixed, I just hope he improves us.