Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

There are some interesting anagrams for Gabriel Obertan

Real Gibe Barton - A cryptic dig at Joey Barton signing him?

A genital robber - a pervert?

A aborting rebel - a trouble maker?

Area Belting Orb - Man with strange head belts crosses into penalty area.

Banal Ogre Biter - Bit of a hard man?

No treble airbag - Injury prone?

Treble Orb Again - Wins a lot of trophies?

A granite lobber - Will lob goalkeeper rooted to the spot?

A rabbiting role - Runs around pitch tenaciously?

A terrain gobble - Covers a lot of ground?

But the winner:

Bargain Bolt Ere - Pacy and cheap. Why we signed him.

Don't agree with the name change like.  :lol:

Guest cr4igora

His pace should give him a great advantage as attacker..Hopefully he's better at timing his run than Shola.

His pace should give him a great advantage as attacker..Hopefully he's better at timing his run than Shola.

...and the rest.

Guest Haris Vuckic

It's just an article in the Chronicle saying that Pardew is happy with Obertan's versatility, saying that he can play in the wide positions, off the striker, or up top if needs be.

Don't see the problem in what he's saying. Doesn't mean he is actually going to be our striker.

Bloody well hope not.

He is a winger, and little more.

Quick Colocho, call Pardew!

I'm sure he's desperate for your expertise, amazing the club haven't hired you before!

I really thing Obertan will be the shock (in a good way) this season for us.

He can play a number of positions so will get a fair amount of games.

He is quick and has very good feet, I notice he also seemed to take corners for Man U when he played and given how anal I reckon Ferguson is about every aspect of a match I don't think he would have allowed Obertan to do that if he didn't have the quality to deliver (and I don't see Obertan as the renegade type that would just take over and do his own thing).

Don't want to go all "would rather lose 6-5 than win 1-0" thing but we do prefer exciting football over 'Allardyce' football and although the lad currently lacks quality end product (and lets face it, if he didn't he would still be at Man U) he looks like someone who isn't afraid to run at players and has the skill to beat them, hopefully the end product will improve when given a run of games.

As said, I think he will be the 'Ok I was wrong about the lad, he is actually pretty good' player.

I really thing Obertan will be the shock (in a good way) this season for us.

He can play a number of positions so will get a fair amount of games.

He is quick and has very good feet, I notice he also seemed to take corners for Man U when he played and given how anal I reckon Ferguson is about every aspect of a match I don't think he would have allowed Obertan to do that if he didn't have the quality to deliver (and I don't see Obertan as the renegade type that would just take over and do his own thing).

Don't want to go all "would rather lose 6-5 than win 1-0" thing but we do prefer exciting football over 'Allardyce' football and although the lad currently lacks quality end product (and lets face it, if he didn't he would still be at Man U) he looks like someone who isn't afraid to run at players and has the skill to beat them, hopefully the end product will improve when given a run of games.

As said, I think he will be the 'Ok I was wrong about the lad, he is actually pretty good' player.

My brother reckons he could be the new Sibierski, we'll wait and see...

My stream cut out, so by the sounds of it I am out to lunch...but from what I saw his touch and technique is excellent, he is pretty quick too, but damned if he wasnt lazier than Ameobi. He didnt bother running a few times when we were attacking, didnt follow up with things. Maybe I just missed the blinding bits and saw when he was knackered.