Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I think people are forgetting that ~20min he jumped straight up into space to return back to his home planet to save them from certain doom.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Impact sub for the time being.

But he looked decent when he has options around him in the final third I thought.

Total garbage today like. Didn't have the first clue what to do with the ball. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt though cos, we didn't really work together up top for any great lengths of time. Everyone was very isolated, including Obertan. But he just didn't look very good - Jonas looked a cut above.

Early days though, can't write him off cos if anything - his pace will be an asset to us. I don't think that's his position at all.

I think he'll be much more effective as an impact sub.

So much this.

He has the skills, he has the pace, but one thing that he lacks is confidence.

Wasn't great today, but he was far from 'turboshit'. He's definitely shown promising signs for me - however I do think he is going to be best used as an impact sub

He wasn't that bad like. His movement was decent I thought, made plenty of good runs off the man and was the only real player that gave us an attacking outlet in that respect. His end product wasn't there today admittedly, but I reckon it'll come with time.

Was thinking exactly the same thing regarding impact sub. Seems to be a playe who can make the samek kind of impact as Nile did for us last couple of seasons but with more effectiveness. Hit teams on the break when leading 1-0 and so on, but still won't blame Pardew if he's willing to give Obertan time as a starting XI player only time will really tell though.