NUFC v Arsenal - 13/8/11 - 5.30pm - Live on ESPN - MATCH ON

Fatwax

Surely Ferguson will just play LB in this one?

Only just returned to training today. Not sure if he'll actually be fit enough for Saturday.

Pardew said he won't be playing as he's just returned to training Thursday - not enough pre-season etc...

Based on what I have gathered over the last week I think this might be the line up. Saying that I am throwing in Kadar (I have no idea where this kid has been!).

Although Marveaux has had some game time in pre-season, I still don't think Pardew will start him as I don't think he could do the whole 90 mins, however he will get on at some stage in the 2nd half.

I also think that going 4-5-1 is negative for our first home game and with the ripping Jonas, Barton and Tiote gave Arsenal in the 4-4 game last season they have all got to start IMO - so 4-4-2 has to be what Pardew will go for.

Krul

Simpson                        Saylor                      Colo                        Kadar

Barton                          Cabaye                  Tiote                        Jonas

Ba                          Best

Subs: Harper, Marveaux, Obertan, Williamson, Vuckic, Gosling, Shola

This isn't the line up I would like us to send out, as I'd love to give Vuckic a big role, but I think his time will come this season. If Kadar isn't available, which is probable then I'd maybe have Saylor switched to LB and Williamson in at CB - but I think we would be even more vulnerable! Obviously Barton (with the right mindset as Pardew keeps talking about) would hopefully start, but I wouldn't be too upset if Gosling was given the opportunity.

I think we will see Jonas at left back, Marveaux on the left wing.

I don't know enough about Marveaux's game to feel confident that if Jonas commits to an attack, he will cover. Enrique was saved a few times because Jonas could always fill in if needed.

That is a very attacking option - if Pardew tries that he has very big balls.... of steal... smacking Wenger around the face...