NUFC v Arsenal - 13/8/11 - 5.30pm - Live on ESPN - MATCH ON

Fatwax

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

What about Gosling at right back and Simmo at left back.  Gosling has played there for Everton a fair few times I think, and Simpson is our only ok alternative at left back (assuming Fergie is injured).

I don't want Simpson anywhere near Gervinho.

Is Raylor not fit for LB?

If you mean physically fit then yes, if you mean fit to do a job there then hell no.  I don't think he is as shit as some on here make out, but my last memory of him at left back was Peterboro away, we got raped. 

I think he's ok as a back up/3rd choice right winger, that's about it!

What about Gosling at right back and Simmo at left back.  Gosling has played there for Everton a fair few times I think, and Simpson is our only ok alternative at left back (assuming Fergie is injured).

Hardly ideal, but what's the alternative?  Raylor? Tavernier?  S.Taylor?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I'd rather go with Fergie. 'least he's got some pace.

So would I, but I didn't think he was fit.  If he's been training for more than a day then play him, the other choices are that poor  :lol:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

So would I, but I didn't think he was fit.  If he's been training for more than a day then play him, the other choices are that poor  :lol:

I think he's been training for about a week at least :lol:

For those saying they want Simpson nowhere near Gervinho, good luck with that. Arsenal will swap over their wingers I'd imagine so they're bound to be up against each other at some point. Presumably if Pieters isn't in by Saturday then it's a straight choice between Tavernier or Ryan Taylor, with the option to switch Simpson if necessary.

For those saying they want Simpson nowhere near Gervinho, good luck with that. Arsenal will swap over their wingers I'd imagine so they're bound to be up against each other at some point. Presumably if Pieters isn't in by Saturday then it's a straight choice between Tavernier or Ryan Taylor, with the option to switch Simpson if necessary.

He's gone on loan to Carlisle.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I bet Gutierrez plays left back for this game.

What a horrendous thought.

Better than Raylor. At least.